• Register
  • Help

Topic: Budget String Library?

Budget String Library?

I clicked on the My Strings ad here in the forum and I ended up listening to some strings that I thought sounded good, then I noticed the price. Can someone else check out the demo and post their opinion? Doesn\'t sound bad, and it\'s in a price range I can afford! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ($60.00)

Re: Budget String Library?

I thought it sounded good too. Bear in mind though that you can get GOS lite for around $200 - lots of articulations for a whole string orchestra and an upgrade path. I believe these new strings are only violins. They do sound nice.

Yeah, I think they would make a good addition to GOS but they\'re certainly no replacement.

GOS Lite is by far the best bang for the buck when in comes to serious string libraries.

I don\'t know anything about \"my strings\", but the demo didn\'t show up very various articulations, no forte, no piano, no con sord, no tremolo, no pizz, etc... maybe this explains such an affordable price? But maybe these articulations will be included, and we\'ll hear other demos. As far as I am concernd (being on a low budget too) I just ordered gos lite for 300 euro - can\'t wait [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Another consideration is solo strings vs. ensemble strings. GOS and My Strings are ensembles. If you want to do quartets and solos, check out http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com.

Ooops.... sorry. I didn\'t see the other thread located here:

Go Back to forum