• Register
  • Help

Topic: pagefault

Share/Bookmark

pagefault

I\'ve got Layla running on a 300 PII 128 megs
    of ram under Win 98 and GS LE will not start up.I get a invalid page fault in module MFC.42.DLL at 0167:5f4040e8.I emailed the techs but got no response.Can you help?

Re: pagefault

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cryoss:
    I\'ve got Layla running on a 300 PII 128 megs
    of ram under Win 98 and GS LE will not start up.I get a invalid page fault in module MFC.42.DLL at 0167:5f4040e8.I emailed the techs but got no response.Can you help?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you disabled Direct Sound in the Layla\'s Properties? I think that may help.

Hi Cryoss - MFC42.DLL is a dynamic link library used by applications written to use the programming functions within it. Multiple copies of this file often exist on the hard drive, and can cause problems. Do a search and find out what versions you have, and where they\'re at on the drive. Take the latest one, and make sure it\'s in the \\windows\\system directory, and see if that helps.

Steve Mitchell
    The Classical MIDI Resource

I had the same problem (see \"Cubase does not launch (2)\"). If you have V.1.5 of Gigasampler LE you need the V.1.62 LE upgrade, which will enable you to launch Gigasampler.

[This message has been edited by Marco (edited 07-01-2000).]

I had the same problem with my initial setup of GigaSampler. The solution turned out to be \'disable the sound card\'.
    I had both a WaveCenter PCI card and a SoundBlaster live;
    killing the SB Live eliminated the problem.
    So... if you have 2 soundcards, you might
    try this.

cheers,
    Bill

Go Back to forum