• Register
  • Help

Topic: Key-switch (and VotA)

Share/Bookmark

Key-switch (and VotA)

People ask me if vota utility work with Vota over kontakt. I need to know something:

Kontakt support key-switch (like the key-switch that exist in VotA consonants)?

Re: Key-switch (and VotA)

Nuno,

yes. I\'m actually on the process of doing some conversion tests, and VotA is one of the things I\'m trying.

I figure since I\'ve beenn building all the LITE variations I might as well do a nki file version as well. Will be good for me to learn.

However it should be said that, in some sequencers you wont be able to use the utility with Kontakt in VSTi mode.

Some sequencers will allow for comples MIDI routing making it possible to route MIDI out ot the utility and then back into the sequencer (via virtual ports), then route that I/O to another track that goes to the VSTi, but not all of them support this.

King,
    What about stand alone mode? Also, would Chicken do a decent job at translating VOTA? I have been bad in not getting it yet. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    I did, however, just receive VOTA today!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Chris

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Nuno,

yes. I\'m actually on the process of doing some conversion tests, and VotA is one of the things I\'m trying.

I figure since I\'ve beenn building all the LITE variations I might as well do a nki file version as well. Will be good for me to learn.

However it should be said that, in some sequencers you wont be able to use the utility with Kontakt in VSTi mode.

Some sequencers will allow for comples MIDI routing making it possible to route MIDI out ot the utility and then back into the sequencer (via virtual ports), then route that I/O to another track that goes to the VSTi, but not all of them support this.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">King ,Do u know if the VoTA utility will work with KOntakt and Cubase sx and how would u do it?I just ordered it today and i have a gig coming up...TIA Rich P.

Chris,

In standalone it should work fine if the conversion is good. I haven\'t tried yet, some other stuff to do.

I\'m not sure if Chickensys does Kontakt conversions yet, does it?

Rich,

in SX, I\'m not sure, but this is how I\'d do it with what I\'ve fooled with SX. I\'d route one MIDI track with my keyboard input, and output to the VotA util via a virtual MIDI port, then out of the VotA util to ANOTHER virtual MIDI out. Setup a second track in Cubase, and have it set to grab input from the second Virtual MIDI port. Set both MIDI tracks to be record enabled, and play through the first one. In theory this will work...I think... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum