• Register
  • Help

Topic: EMU

Share/Bookmark

EMU

Does GIGASTUDIO have s converter for EMU Eiv samples?....it says \"emu soundfont\",is that the same format?

Re: EMU

I\'ve never actually heard them referred to as EMU soundfonts although that is who pioneered the tech. As far as I know no one else uses the name soundfont to refer to anything else but the same soundfont used by Creative Labs Soundblaster Live, Terratec, and a few others. EMU has other sample formats which are not soundfonts. The only conversion Giga does I believe is the soundfont so vastly popular and widespread (literally thousands on the internet free and for purchase)

Thanks for the info.....I have since been told that \"soundfonts\" are the sounds used in \"AWE64\" cards etc....unfortunatly that leaves me with a large bunch of good EMU Eiv sounds that I can\'t use with gigastudio......hope they hurry up and make a conversion utility that will do the job....

Regards
    Bryan harris

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peribrown:
    I\'ve never actually heard them referred to as EMU soundfonts although that is who pioneered the tech. As far as I know no one else uses the name soundfont to refer to anything else but the same soundfont used by Creative Labs Soundblaster Live, Terratec, and a few others. EMU has other sample formats which are not soundfonts. The only conversion Giga does I believe is the soundfont so vastly popular and widespread (literally thousands on the internet free and for purchase)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe this could help when it\'s matured...

The translation project of Emu (EOS) format to Gigasampler format on Sun, 25 Jun 2000 7:0:14 is basically completed, but does
    not include many program parameters (filters, LFO\'s, velocity switches, etc.). This translation is available upon purchase of
    Translator, and current shipping builds include this translation. All upgrades to Translator are free and will be made available whendeveloped.

Go Back to forum