• Register
  • Help

Topic: Request for developers!

Share/Bookmark

Request for developers!

I think it\'s about time for someone to really do some justice to the hammered dulcimer in sample form. And also it\'s cousins the Santur and yang Chin. I only have older dated samples of these instruments and it would be nice if someone did some extensive sampling of these. I own a hammered dulcimer myself and have always thought about doing it myself but lack the time, the sound space, and full equipment to do so. So what do y\'all think? Mr. Phoenix? Could this be one for Rare Instruments II?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Request for developers!

Get a two day block of studio time and go for it!! I think your instinct is right, though, that you would need to make it part of a collection. Hammered Dulcimer would be a tough sell by itself.

Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:
    Get a two day block of studio time and go for it!! I think your instinct is right, though, that you would need to make it part of a collection. Hammered Dulcimer would be a tough sell by itself.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah I agree. I mean a developer could include these as part of a larger collection. I dont know if it would be a hard sale. These are very beautiful instruments IMHO.

There is what I feel to be a very musical Hammered Dulcimer sample set on the Best of Bolder for GigaStudio.

This disc is on sale for $99 until June 15th.
    Here is a MP3 demo of it being played with a Louden Steel String guitar.

http://www.boldersounds.com/mp3.asp

Go to the first pull-down menu for the B.O.B. collection.

I\'m also working on a Cimbalom sample for Giga... I believe it is the largest relative of the Hammered Dulcimer family.

Dennis @ Bolder

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Lazul:
    I dont know if it would be a hard sale. These are very beautiful instruments IMHO.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree, they are lovely. I say hard sale just because it\'s a bit uncommon outside certain genres.

Dennis, I have a friend with a gorgeous Cimbalom. Those do sound great!!

Go Back to forum