• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Legend of Erthia OST Compilation

Share/Bookmark

The Legend of Erthia OST Compilation

This is a trailer to The Legend of Erthia, my not for profit fan based Might and Magic inspired project I am currently developing. The trailer consists of some of the music I composed for the game. A lot of the compositions have already been posted here, but there are a couple that have not. The order of compositions from beginning to end include:

Compositions marked with a * have not been posted here.

1 - Main Theme (Second Movement)
    2 - Ancient Isles
    3 - The Aftermath
    4 - A Legend is Born *
    5 - Frozen Northlands
    6 - Land of Dreams *

The main libraries used are:
    Garritan Instant Orchestra
    Dimension Pro
    EWQLSO Silver

Re: The Legend of Erthia OST Compilation

We can't see what you posted, Richard - The screen says "This video is private."

EDIT: Mine was the 13th viewing of this thread - Doesn't it seem like at least one of the 12 previous folks could have alerted you about the problem? I don't get that!

Randy

Woops, sorry! I fixed the private status. I was in a rush out the door just before uploading and posting. LOL! Thanks Randy for being the one to inform me!

There ya go, it's going on now, Richard.

Wow - that's a lot of music. It's sounding really good and grand, and the game looks cool - almost makes me want to start playing one of these things!

I think this is an independent production of yours, right? Do you have a plan for releasing it somehow, hopefully making some money from it? Or will you be approaching people in the gaming industry with it? Tell us more.

Randy

It says (again) "This video is private".

Raymond

Raymond62
    You might have to refresh the browser or clear browsing data. I just checked it is not set to private.

Thanks Randy!

I am glad you enjoyed the video. I am doing this almost completely by myself only with the help of one other who is helping out with dialogue and side quest design. Over the years of developing LOE, I have began to build small fan base, mainly Might and Magic fans. When I started the project my goal was to make a free fan based game for others to enjoy. I merely do this as a hobby. Us Might and Magic fans are in such a longing for a real Might and Magic game. The last one that I enjoyed was MM8 which is very old now. So, rather than waiting for Ubisoft, if they do at all, to release something, I decided to take this matter into my own hands. Although it is not Might and Magic, LOE is practically the same thing just with a different name and added features. LOE will be distributed for no cost, that is what I promised the fans.

What I will do is I will write out some detailed info on the complete history of this project where it is going and the features. That way I can share a better picture with everyone.

Thanks for your interest Randy greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Richard

Got it now!! Will look at it tomorrow.

Raymond

Hello Richard, this is incredible work you have here! The music is very characteristic of the genre, and fits well. I really enjoyed the previews of the game in the video as well. Mind if I ask what tools/languages/frameworks you are using to develop it?

Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Thanks for the feedback Sanyarem,

I am using Rpg Maker VX to create LOE which uses Ruby V2 scripting. Rpg Maker VX is mainly a classic Final Fantasy like engine, but I have pushed it to its limits. The 3d script wasn't originally created by me, but in it's original form was not usable. I could have only like 30ish events on an a single map and there would be drastic lag. What, I did was I went into the heart of the script and basically reworked it. I had to do some heavy programming on the creature AI. Originally, creatures would follow you across giant maps no matter where you were. After I worked with the 3d script I have intelligent enemy AI, I can have hundreds of events on a single map including animated ones, and I also enhanced the resolution which also doesn't lag. This is just the 3d script. Now for the mechanics and the heart of LOE, the Might and Magic scripts. That I had to do from scratch. I am going to write up a summary within the next coupel of says and I will layout some more details.

Thanks for your interest in my project.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hello Richard, this is incredible work you have here! The music is very characteristic of the genre, and fits well. I really enjoyed the previews of the game in the video as well. Mind if I ask what tools/languages/frameworks you are using to develop it?

Thanks for sharing!

Go Back to forum