• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: can GPO be used in FL piano roll???

Share/Bookmark

can GPO be used in FL piano roll???

I use FL Studio for creating my music. i like the sound and tones available in GPO. can i use GPO in FL piano roll??? if yes then how? Actually i dont have the midi keyboard, so i have to draw them by putting one-by-one notes into the piano roll editor. can anybody help me? i will be very gratefull to him.her
    Thanks!!!

Re: can GPO be used in FL piano roll???

Quote Originally Posted by sourav281290 View Post
    I use FL Studio for creating my music. i like the sound and tones available in GPO. can i use GPO in FL piano roll??? if yes then how? Actually i dont have the midi keyboard, so i have to draw them by putting one-by-one notes into the piano roll editor. can anybody help me? i will be very gratefull to him.her
    Thanks!!!
    Hi, Sourav - Every DAW software program, FL Studio included, needs to refer to a folder with your soft synths in it - VST instruments - the .dll files. In Sonar, my program of reference, I always have the .dll files in my Sonar VST folder, then from inside Sonar, I scan the folder to update things so the program can then reference the new items. I've never used FL Studio, but there has to be something pretty much like that. If you've never used any soft synth before - you need to look up in their manual how to do that - it works the same for all software instruments.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Sourav - Every DAW software program, FL Studio included, needs to refer to a folder with your soft synths in it - VST instruments - the .dll files. In Sonar, my program of reference, I always have the .dll files in my Sonar VST folder, then from inside Sonar, I scan the folder to update things so the program can then reference the new items. I've never used FL Studio, but there has to be something pretty much like that. If you've never used any soft synth before - you need to look up in their manual how to do that - it works the same for all software instruments.

Randy
    Thanks Randy for this. Well, I have found the VST folder in FL studio. So now could you please tell me which GPO files/any files to copy to that VST folder in order to implement GPO in FL???

Well Randy! Thanks you very much that you helped me so far with your knowledge. I was looking at these vst's, .dll files all day, struggled a bit and finally Im so happy that I have been able to crack this. Now I can successfully use my GPO in FL Studio. and it rocks... Thanks a lot once again.

Well Randy! Thanks you very much that you helped me so far with your knowledge. I was looking at these vst's, .dll files all day, struggled a bit and finally Im so happy that I have been able to crack this. Now I can successfully use my GPO in FL Studio. and it rocks... Thanks a lot once again.
    That's great, Sourav - glad you're up and running. I came here to answer your message before this one when you weren't sure which .dll files to copy into your VST folder. I could have been more specific, telling you it's the ARIA .dll files you need, and where you'd find them. But now I see you've found them and you're set.

Now whenever you add another soft synth, that's all you'll ever need to do - have the .dll file end up in your VST folder. Usually when you're installing something new, part of the installation dialogue asks where you'd like that VST to be placed. Once you've established on your computer that you have a VST folder, installers will usually automatically discover it and basically ask you "This is where the VST should go?"

And you Will be adding more soft synths as you go. There are actually some very useful free ones to be found online, and you'll probably purchase more in the future also. One by the one, they'll be available in your software to be used in music projects.

Have fun!

Randy

Thanks randy

That's great, Sourav - glad you're up and running. I came here to answer your message before this one when you weren't sure which .dll files to copy into your VST folder. I could have been more specific, telling you it's the ARIA .dll files you need, and where you'd find them. But now I see you've found them and you're set.

Now whenever you add another soft synth, that's all you'll ever need to do - have the .dll file end up in your VST folder. Usually when you're installing something new, part of the installation dialogue asks where you'd like that VST to be placed. Once you've established on your computer that you have a VST folder, installers will usually automatically discover it and basically ask you "This is where the VST should go?"

And you Will be adding more soft synths as you go. There are actually some very useful free ones to be found online, and you'll probably purchase more in the future also. One by the one, they'll be available in your software to be used in music projects.

Have fun!

Randy
    Hi Randy! I would like to let you know one more thing. You were talking about the ARIA Player. But I dont have any such garittan product named ARIA player. I tried to google it, I found that it's a user interface, lets the user work with low ram/cpu uasge. i find a little bit time taking in buffering while opening the tones from GPO library. So all i need to clarify is, do I need to install this ARIA engine separately? or I can continue my work the same way I'm doing?

There's something very peculiar here, Sourav. A few posts back, you had discovered what the vST folder is and how to use it, and you said,

Now I can successfully use my GPO in FL Studio. and it rocks
    But now you're saying,
    I dont have any such garittan product named ARIA player.
    If you have GPO, the only way you can use it is by loading it into the Garritan ARIA Player - the sample engine which hosts all of the Garritan Libraries. The .dll file in your VST folder should be for ARIA.

If you have an out of date version of GPO, which isn't sold anymore, it used Native Instrument's Kontakt Player - So if you somehow have that version, you still wouldn't be loading GPO directly into your FL projects. It's the sample playback engine you load - ARIA for the current GPO, Kontakt Player for the old one.

You must have the current GPO, and its instruments are loaded into the slots of the ARIA player, so ARIA is what you load into a project first.

This isn't making sense. Gotta give me more detail about what's going on.

Randy

There's something very peculiar here, Sourav. A few posts back, you had discovered what the vST folder is and how to use it, and you said,

But now you're saying,

If you have GPO, the only way you can use it is by loading it into the Garritan ARIA Player - the sample engine which hosts all of the Garritan Libraries. The .dll file in your VST folder should be for ARIA.

If you have an out of date version of GPO, which isn't sold anymore, it used Native Instrument's Kontakt Player - So if you somehow have that version, you still wouldn't be loading GPO directly into your FL projects. It's the sample playback engine you load - ARIA for the current GPO, Kontakt Player for the old one.

You must have the current GPO, and its instruments are loaded into the slots of the ARIA player, so ARIA is what you load into a project first.

This isn't making sense. Gotta give me more detail about what's going on.

Randy
    Yes Randy You are right. I have the native instruments KONTAKT Player. I dont have the ARIA one.

Yes Randy You are right. I have the native instruments KONTAKT Player. I dont have the ARIA one.
    Ah, OK. You must have had GPO for a pretty long time, because that version hasn't been sold for quite a few years now.

So it's Kontakt Player that you load in FL, then you choose from the KP menu whatever GPO instruments you want to use.

It's working OK for you now I take it?

Randy

Go Back to forum