• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems with my audio set-up - Please Help!

Share/Bookmark

Re: Problems with my audio set-up - Please Help!

Originally posted by Mark UK:

I am using Gina 20. I currently have audio cables between Input 1+2 and Output 1+2 and a cable to my speakers out of Output 3+4.

In Sonar, I have audio in set to Gina Analog 1+2 stereo, and output as Gina 1+2 analog out.

I have gigastudio set up as output 1+2 enabled and midi in set to none.
    Mark
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Mark,
    I don\'t use Sonar but it looks like Sonar and GS are trying use the same audio card channels.
    Try this,

Connect audio cables between Input 1+2 and Output 3+4 of Gina and a cable to your speakers from Output 1+2.

set gigastudio outputs to 3+4 only
    Sonar inputs 1+2 as before

Now GS should play out 3+4 to Gina In and Sonar plays out 1+2 to your speakers

Hope this helps

Brian

Re: Problems with my audio set-up - Please Help!

Brian

You are a star. Your advice was absolutely spot on and now I am up and running once more.

Thank you very much!!!!!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Problems with my audio set-up - Please Help!

I am hoping someone can help!

I have had to dismantle my set-up and like an idiot didn\'t write down all the configurations before doing so.

I just can\'t seem to get the audio recording working properly.

I am using Sonar 2 with Gigastudio 160 and VSL performance tool on the same machine (AMD1800XP, 200GB HD, 1GB Ram)

Although I can record midi and playback, I can\'t record the tracks to audio. I have tried all combinations but the best I can get is a recording of the midi track with really bad distortion.

I am using Gina 20. I currently have audio cables between Input 1+2 and Output 1+2 and a cable to my speakers out of Output 3+4.

In Sonar, I have audio in set to Gina Analog 1+2 stereo, and output as Gina 1+2 analog out.

I have gigastudio set up as output 1+2 enabled and midi in set to none.

I have Performance tool set up for Maple Midi In 1 for the input and Nemesys Midi Port1 for output.

I really have no idea what to do to get the audio system working. Not sure if the explanation is clear enough for anyone to help, but any suggestions welcomed!!!!

I have been changing settings and cables left right and centre so they are all possibly screwed up. Probably best to start from scratch but thought is best to give as many details of my system as possible.

Thank you in advance

Mark

Go Back to forum