• Register
  • Help

Topic: Msg32 Crash on GS160 Exit

Share/Bookmark

Msg32 Crash on GS160 Exit

Has anyone out there running the new GigaStudio experienced a Windows application error when exiting GigaStudio? I get one about every 3 times I exit, usually when I\'ve work just for a bit. I can\'t even shut down Win98SE properly, and I have to power off. The error message indicates that Msg32.exe caused the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ron

Re: Msg32 Crash on GS160 Exit

Hi!
    Yeh, it happens to me as well, but only rarely. What happens to me more often is, that after I try to load more instruments, there starts to be enormous HD activity and the system can only be stopped from accessing the HD by a reset. I suspect it has something to do with the cache setting. I am going to have a look into this.
    However, these two oddities could be caused by the same thing. Do you also get a HD-activity? Do you also have as little RAM as I have (96MB)?
    ondrej

I don\'t get too much HD activity. I have the following settings in my System.ini file:

[vcache]
    MinFileCache=512
    MaxFileCache=8192
    chunksize=4096

If you don\'t have the MaxFileCache setting in your System.ini, I think that may be causing Windows to thrash your HD after a while. You might also make sure you have all your hard drives defragmented.

Thanks for your reply,
    Ron

Hi!

Thanks for the tip. You were looking for help and instead, you end up helping me. Your suggestion helped a bit, but I can\'t still load even the complete, memory reduced string section. I\'ll see what it does with more memory.

Thanks once more
    ondrej

Good luck with the additional memory. I\'m sure it will help a ton!

I sent Nemesys tech support my error information, so hopefully they can give me some good advice.

See ya,
    Ron

Problem is in wave format.
    Only WSTRM32.DLL have problem with some wave format (other wave editors works fine).

1) locate gig with problem
    open it in GSEdit, load it, close (if crash
    then this gig have some wrong wave format)

2) locate wave with problem (delete one per one)
    3) edit wrong wave
    4) save it unchanged (\"Save as\" in waveedior)

and no more MSG32 error.
    Memory and cache not problem for MSG32 error message in your case.

I have this problem as well.

I can\'t say that I really understand the \"fix\" above, but if what I AM understanding is correct, how am I supposed to determine the faulty .gig in a performance file containing over 18 instruments (and more as my current project continues), and why does this happen only some of the time?

Mattifer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mattifer:
    I have this problem as well.

I can\'t say that I really understand the \"fix\" above, but if what I AM understanding is correct, how am I supposed to determine the faulty .gig in a performance file containing over 18 instruments (and more as my current project continues), and why does this happen only some of the time?

Mattifer
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have right,difficult.
    I sent Nemesys example of \"wrong wave\", so hopefully they can help us. In my case only one gig have problem. After removing \"sampler information\" (\'Save As\' in Sound Forge, option on the bottom box) from problematic wave, no more errors (MSG32).
    Sory for my english...
    If you want, I sent you example gig (including one bad wave) on your mail (72 kb).

Neno

Interesting reading thru your comments for the MSG32 error. I get it all the time.
    It is not to do with wav\'s as I can get it by loading Gga then exiting and it will crash the machine.
    I have set the Min/max Vcache as 51200 my chunksize is 512 (should this be higher?)
    The M/C is a PIII600 with 160MB ram and WIN98SE.

SpIkE

Go Back to forum