• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Install problem due to removing ARIA 1.5 and related to no EWI USB

Share/Bookmark

Install problem due to removing ARIA 1.5 and related to no EWI USB

I am getting ready to input music that I am working on for a new project. I want to play the parts into Sonar X1 using my AKAI EWI USB. I haven't tried the EWI after I changed my ARIA engine to 1.5. I decided to go back to ARIA 1.128 because of the lack of keyswitches in Finale.

That is the history, now the problem. When I loaded the ARIA EWI player to check the configuration file, I found that the config file just showed me a blank rectangle and no information. (This did also happen when I tried it with ARIA 1.5 installed but I just was using the EWI ARIA). I reinstalled ARIA 1.128 and the same problem occurred. I also decided to ignore the problem and tried loading up Sonar XI Extended to start the project. When I loaded an instrument from GPO into ARIA and played the EWI, I got the instrument I wanted but I also got the sound of a piano playing along with the instrument (in this case I had loaded a String Bass section). This should not happen. I checked the input and output of the Track in question and they were set to Input - EWI-USB and the output to ARIA. Then I tried to set the channels for each ARIA track to different output tracks (1/2 3/4 5/6 7/8 etc.) and when I clicked on 3/4 for the assignment in ARIA it showed 5/6, when I clicked back on 1/2 it came up 3/4.

Does anyone know what is happening? Any help would be appreciated. The project is not due for a couple of months but I would like to get it started.

Thanks

(sorry for such a long post in the general section but I thought it would get noticed here more quickly than in the technical section.)
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Install problem due to removing ARIA 1.5 and related to no EWI USB

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    ...when I clicked on 3/4 for the assignment in ARIA it showed 5/6, when I clicked back on 1/2 it came up 3/4...
    Yes, that's one of the bugs fixed in the now long over-due ARIA update. The good news is it's just the slots labeled incorrectly. They're all off by one, as you noticed.

As for the rest - the white screen - triggering a piano - oh man, all I know is this new ARIA really needs to get out the door.

Randy

Thanks Randy, I did find that it was the slots off by one that causes the problem but when I set them to what I want and then return to the project later they don't stay and I have to reset them again and again etc.
    UGH

Rich

Randy said:
    Yes, that's one of the bugs fixed in the now long over-due ARIA update. The good news is it's just the slots labeled incorrectly. They're all off by one, as you noticed.
    And it (the slot label bug) doesn't go away if you try to go back to an earlier version on ARIA. The skin changes and the convolution reverb type disappears but the slot bug remains with you!

Is there any good news about a fix?

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Randy said:

And it (the slot label bug) doesn't go away if you try to go back to an earlier version on ARIA. The skin changes and the convolution reverb type disappears but the slot bug remains with you!

Is there any good news about a fix?
    Oh dear - now that's a drag. I keep looking for news on the release of the new ARIA - no word. It must be hung up with the MakeMusic team development team for some reason. I know the version that's coming works in Sonar, and seems bug-free, but I have no idea how it behaves in Finale, and that's where most of the glitches are currently happening.

No news, sorry.

Randy

The good news is: If you ignore the labeling and just click the output channels you want, ignoring what the screen says your output will be directed correctly.

The bad news is: Aria hasn't been fixed. But I don't think it was intended for use in Finale, at least not this version.

Will have to contact Finale and ask.
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    ...Aria hasn't been fixed. But I don't think it was intended for use in Finale, at least not this version...
    Hi, Wrayer

That's correct, that the current public version of ARIA has glitches, and the update of ARIA 1.5 hasn't been released yet. But the current version was intended for Finale and all other programs, just like all previous versions, but there were some issues that are now being corrected.

To catch you up, here's a recent thread:

ARIA 1.4 thread

Programmer Justin said on that thread, on 8/10,
    we're wrapping up some final testing before posting.
    Also on that thread, here are the glitches that are fixed in the new up-coming ARIA release:

Slots' Audio Output Menu display was wrong (the audio outs weren't labeled correctly)
    Finale 2011 instrument volumes were wrong
    Channel Aftertouch was invalidating AUX levels (CC91 Reverb Send levels were changing when Aftertouch was used for vibrato control).
    SFZ Editing didn't reload file after saving in external editor

Also, Rich asked,
    will the keyswitch problem in finale be fixed as well?
    And Justin replied,
    Yes it will.
    On the Beta testing forum, it was also said that there are some general issues with Finale's Human Playback which are being corrected.

I think that MakeMusic released the Garritan Classic Pipe Organs Library prematurely, and that caused ARIA 1.5 to also
    be released, since the Pipe Organs require new features in 1.5. And it looks to me like ever since that release date, the ARIA programming team have been playing catch up, correcting problems that were inadvertantly included in the release.

We had the impression that the corrected 1.5 would have been released by now, but there was obviously more to do than we were aware of - now we're all waiting for everything to be cleared up.

Randy

Thanks Randy. You are always up to date on these things. I like what I see in the new Aria 1.5, I'm just hoping that the glitches will be un-glitched.

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

If you want to use the EWI USB configuration window with ARIA 1.5 and up please use these EXE's instead in Program Files/Akai/EWI USB

http://aria-public.s3.amazonaws.com/...r_Aria_1.5.zip

Kind Regards
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thanks David. I did uninstall Garritan Aria 1.5 and reinstalled Aria 1.128 and the EWI is now back to behaving correctly and has the config files available. Are these .exe that you zipped there to make the EWI work in 1.5? I wasn't clear on that from the message you included with the zip file.

Regards,

Rich

Go Back to forum