• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: QLRI rules.. here's a Celtic-flavored demo

Share/Bookmark

QLRI rules.. here\'s a Celtic-flavored demo

Well.. I just received QLRI this morning. Got home tonight and tried something with a Celtic touch to it. There are a few things about the uilleann pipes I don\'t like (such as bending when I\'m not pressing at a high velocity), but they\'re otherwise pretty sweet.

http://www.samhulick.com/QLRI_Celtic.mp3

Xsample Harp
    QLRI Irish Low Whistle
    QLRI Middle Eastern Fiddle
    QLRI Uilleann Pipes

Re: QLRI rules.. here\'s a Celtic-flavored demo

Hi Sam, you don\'t waste any time! Very nice piece. I had a quick listen on some cheap headphones. I like how you harmonised the Uilleann pipes with the Irish Low Whistle. (At least thats what it sounded like was happening on these cheap cans here at work.)

All of the the articulations available are very cool. IMHO this library is very well placed for game music. You can quickly evoke exotic atmospheres and textures.

Cheers, Scott.

Hey Sam, I like it! Sounds like a perfect beginning to introduce an orchestral phrase with strings and what-not. Very nice use. What harp is that?

Sounds very nice Sam [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I\'d like to hear more!

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    Hey Sam, I like it! Sounds like a perfect beginning to introduce an orchestral phrase with strings and what-not. Very nice use. What harp is that?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Being a psychic... I feel that Sam used .... *channels spirit world*.... ***Xsample Harp***....

HOW DO I DO IT!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Ed

Sam, ive had QLRI for a while now and to be honest Ive just been lazy and only used it a litte bit here and there... beucause, being lazy... its hard to put together the various little phrases/articulations [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ... Thus I have gotten much more use out of Spectrasonics\' Heart of Asia.... But of course ill use up the phrases and I wont want to use them that much after that or else all my stuff will sound the same.... But I digress... I really likes your piece, and has made me want to go and get \"into\" QLRI again. How long did it take you do this piece? I only ask beucase I think it needs a little tweaking to make it sound less ... sampley... if you know what I mean... Im sure it can be done though. Great job though, make it longer [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Considering the instruments you are using, and the instruments QLIR has you may find these jack Wall pieces interesting. the Duduk and Uilleann Pipes were live recordings though.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/260/jack_wall.html

Listen to:
    1. \"Myst E3 Trailer Music\"
    2. \"Myst III Demo 1\"

You might have to find a stream ripper program if you want to download it to your computer though.

Ahh what I would give for a VSL legato tool for a ethnic lib...

Ed

Yes, it really sounds great! Good job, Sam! Gary [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

It is the nicest (is that a word ?) thing I\'ve heard from your demos

Right to heart,

SergeD

Thanks Serge. Probably because you\'ve been hearing my recent stuff which is for a game. I\'m not really too fond of that stuff myself [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] This is the type of music I really like to write.

Thanks, guys.

How does it sound \"sampley?\" Maybe the middle eastern fiddle is making the uilleann pipes sound not-so-nice.. any advice ?

Go Back to forum