• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Legato Strings

Share/Bookmark

New Legato Strings

Although I haven’t been a contributor to these forums, I have been a reader and have appreciated the ideas that have been shared by all of you. Now, I have something that I believe is worth sharing. I have worked as a music professional for thirty years as a songwriter, singer, composer and recording engineer, and since the advent of EMU’s Emulator II, I have relied heavily on sampled sounds in my work.

My greatest ambition in that area has been to make beautiful, realistic string samples, specifically for sweetening song-productions and film/video scoring. Creating smooth, lyrical melodic lines and rich, moving string sections through sampling has been my long-time goal.

To make a long introduction short, I invite you to visit my new website http://www.midistrings.com, and listen to a demo of my brand-new strings, called MyViolins.

Thanks,

Roger Hoffman
    Resumé

Re: New Legato Strings

Wow! These sound great! I listened at work though on crappy speakers, so I can\'t fully judge. But from what I heard, I\'m impressed.

I\'d like to hear a slightly faster passage, though, to really hear the legato at work. How are you achieving legato with these samples, exactly?

Go Back to forum