• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: my first and only Garritan Jazz and Big Band demo (experiment)

Share/Bookmark

my first and only Garritan Jazz and Big Band demo (experiment)

When JABB was released I wanted to run it through it's paces,, and this is what I came up with.
    As I listen now, the vibrato on the instruments still needs more uneveness, to be more real,... but it is a hoot nonetheless.

The real audio (band noise and "have a good night") is from a real band job I did sound for many years ago.
    Just adding to the Listening Room Festival

http://www.dankury.com/music/my_JABB_demo.mp3

GEE WIZ! can the tempo drop any more?
    enjoy if you can

Re: my first and only Garritan Jazz and Big Band demo (experiment)

Hey Dan ... fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    When JABB was released I wanted to run it through it's paces,, and this is what I came up with.
    As I listen now, the vibrato on the instruments still needs more uneveness, to be more real,... but it is a hoot nonetheless.

The real audio (band noise and "have a good night") is from a real band job I did sound for many years ago.

enjoy if you can

I remember hearing this before and I loved what you did with JaBB when I first heard it. Really nice job.

Whose arrangement is this? The only clue I had is the sinueous octave/unison saxes starting around 1:07 ... Stan Kenton orchestra? Maybe one of his arrangers? Great arrangement and a great job with this Dan. Also, loved all the little imperfections with the brass ... very realistic. Also, a great job with the crescendo.

I really enjoyed it!

Frank

enjoy if you can
    I'm gonna ask my wife to dance...
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Good job, Mister Dan! Very realistic sound.

Thanks for posting it.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

He is a musician without being a musician.
    He is a musician without knowing it.
    He is a great musician without knowing notes.
    He is a superb musician.

Any education in this will ruin his skills!!!!!

saturday and 32 degrees celsius, still gives me comfort listening to this,

Raymond

I've been waiting impatiently. I thought it was about time for another DPDAN appearance at the Festival, and this morning I got my wish!

Juuuuicy piece! I'm pretty sure I didn't catch this the first time around, so thank you much, Dan, for bringing back your blast from the past. This surely can't be beat as a demo of how great JABB can sound. Mmmm, I love it.

I have my own JABB blast from the past currently up, and you may recall it - my instrumental featuring George Martin's wind arrangement on the Paul McCartney tune--

Honey Pie

But tell us more - What's the name of this piece? Where's the arrangement from? Inquiring Festival goers want to know! And with the roaring success of this recording, why haven't you done more with JABB?

Randy

Great job on this, Dan (as always... lol)!

All the best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    But tell us more - What's the name of this piece? Where's the arrangement from? Inquiring Festival goers want to know! Randy
    I believe the song is "Dream" (sometimes "Dream When You're Feeling Blue") by Johnny Mercer (One of the few that he wrote words and music).

But the arranger of this fabulous chart? ... Hmmmmm .... I had my guess above that it was an arrangement for Kenton's band ... but, yeah, inquiring minds want to know!!

Frank

Hi guys!

Frank... thanks for the props
    I do not know who did this arrangement, but a big band I used to run sound for in the 80's did it live and it was the last song of the night.

Jim, so did she take you up on your offer to dance?

Hi Mr. Larry!!! I hope you are feeling good these days. Thank you for always listening and posting such fun stuff to listen to yourself!

Dear Raymond,, you are so kind!!!! Thank you

Hi Randy, this is all your fault, I had to go and post this goofy thing.... he he he, thank you!

David, thank you for all you do here, and thank you for being so supportive through the years.

Frank, you are correct it is "Dream" you may be on to something, it just may have been arranged by or for Stan Kenton's band.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
    Dan

Hello Dan, really enjoyed listening to this one! There are some very classy jazz sounds coming out of JABB, for sure!
    I like that you mentioned this was typically the last piece of the night, and the announcer at the end really topped off the mood for this piece.

enjoy if you can
    Haha, perhaps if it was slowed much more, it would begin to play backwards?

I enjoyed the listen, thanks for bringing this one back!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast