THE SOCIETY OF COMPOSERS & LYRICISTS
present a PREMIER PARTNER Event
The World Premier of the Vienna Symphonic Library Pro Edition
The World\'s Largest Orchestral Sample Library
Monday, August 11, 2003, 6:30pm
Los Angeles Film School
6363 Sunset Boulevard (at Ivar Avenue)
Hollywood, California 90028
The evening’s schedule of events:
6:30pm – 7:15pm TECH TALK AT THE TECH TABLES
Get your specific questions answered by:
* TRUESPEC SYSTEMS – Meet with Jaime Hartwick or Bruce Williams, Chief of Technology for Truespec Systems to discuss Windows XP.
* TASCAM – Meet with Pete Snell of Tascam (formerly of Sound Chaser) to discuss GigaStudio.
* NATIVE INSTRUMENTS – Meet with Gregory Butler to discuss Kontakt and other programs.
* SAMPLITUDE/SEQUOIA – Grammy Award winning Engineer Jeff Sheridan will demonstrate Samplitude and Sequoia, used by VSL to record the VSL library.
* X VISION – Meet with President Tom Sailor to discuss RME products.
7:30pm – 9:30pm TECHNOLOGY CATCH-UP
* MUSIC PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY UPDATE - PETER ALEXANDER
Peter Alexander, the late Henry Mancini\'s tech and author of How MIDI Works 6th Ed., the Revised Rimsky-Korsakov’s Principles of Orchestration (endorsed by Jerry Goldsmith), Counterpoint by Fux, Cubase SX Made Easy, Emagic Logic Online Course, and over 50 other titles, will discuss the important factors of where music production technology is today, where it\'s going, and important trends to watch out for.
* GIGASTUDIO TODAY AND TOMORROW - PETE SNELL
A simple overview of what GigaStudio is, how it works, and issues for Mac users concerned about using Windows.
* MAKING OF VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARY - MARTIN TICHY & PAUL STEINBAUER
A special presentation introducing you to the people who created the VSL, where and how it was created.
* PREMIER: THE VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARY PRO EDITION - PAUL STEINBAUER
Demonstrations plus original short works and cues by members of the Los Angeles VSL Beta Testing Team, Truespec customers and SCL members now using VSL in film/TV work and game production.
FREE to members of the SCL / $15 - Non-Members / $10 - G.A.N.G. Members / $10 - Students with valid IDs. Parking is available in the parking structure adjacent to LAFS for an additional $4.
FOR RESERVATIONS, please call the SCL at (310) 281-2812, ext 2.
The SCL gratefully acknowledges the continuing support of ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC.