• Register
  • Help

Topic: Prelude nr.6 A-major 'And thus ice gleamed silvery on waters..'

Share/Bookmark

Prelude nr.6 A-major 'And thus ice gleamed silvery on waters..'

Hey all!

This is my 6th prelude, so far all of them have been in major keys, thinking into the future I want to write in all keys, but yeah - taking my time with them so far, not rushing to get all 24 done. Anyway, this one's in A-major, titled 'And thus ice gleamed silvery on waters..' As you can tell, I've been influenced by Debussy a lot when it comes to my titles - I always put them at the end of the score as well, just like he did

The piece is about the serenity that surrounds the glaciers in the far North, about the slow formation of crystals as ice covers the waters and the sunlight glimmers with brilliance upon the scene.

Steinway Jazz Piano from JABB is used here, instead of the Grand Piano that comes with the GPO libraries along with Finale. Thought it sounded better. Also rendered a version with Alicia's Keys, but for the sake of this forum, a Garritan sample is used.

Prelude nr.6 A-major 'And thus ice gleamed silvery on waters..'

Happy listening and hoping for your constructive feedback
    Brindle
    'Music is like this pure thing that exists for its own sake, just to make something perfect..' ~ Ephram Brown

Re: Prelude nr.6 A-major 'And thus ice gleamed silvery on waters..'

Very nICE.

Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Hi, Brindle - Thanks for bringing your special flash of sunlight to the Listening Room Summer Festival. Your sparse, gently rolling arpeggios paint a very pleasant, innocent and fresh aural picture. Very nice.

And I like your choice of using the JABB Steinway. It's a stereo instrument, as opposed to the mono one in GPO, so has a wider, more open, and brighter sound appropriate to your material.

Randy

Lovely! I agree with Randy about the JABB piano. The reverb seemed a bit boomy to me. Nevertheless, very, very nice!

Art
    Arthur J. Michaels
    https://www.facebook.com/composerarthurjmichaels

Finale 2000 through Finales 25.4 (currently using Finale 25.4)
    Garritan COMB2, GPO4, GPO5, Audacity 2.1.3
    Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Premium x64
    Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

Hello Brindle, this is a lovely piece you have here. I really enjoyed its sparseness and simplicity. It leaves a nice clean feeling that aptly describes the setting you were trying to portray. Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Go Back to forum