• Register
  • Help

Topic: The original GPO revives?

Share/Bookmark

The original GPO revives?

I have long used Garritan Personal Orchestra (the original one).Now, I had a technical difficulty with my PC then clean installed Windows XP on the Pen 4/ 2.2GHz w/ 2GB RAM machine.I have installed without problem the GPO on the machine again. Now, how should I update this original version of GPO? I remember I had upgraded with Kontakt 2 player free. Is Kontakt 2 Player still available somewhere? Or, I have to upgrade it to GPO 4 with ARIA?I will appreciate your input.Sincerely,Rip van Winkle,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Re: The original GPO revives?

Quote Originally Posted by Jun Yamamoto View Post
    I have long used Garritan Personal Orchestra (the original one).Now, I had a technical difficulty with my PC then clean installed Windows XP on the Pen 4/ 2.2GHz w/ 2GB RAM machine.I have installed without problem the GPO on the machine again. Now, how should I update this original version of GPO? I remember I had upgraded with Kontakt 2 player free. Is Kontakt 2 Player still available somewhere? Or, I have to upgrade it to GPO 4 with ARIA?I will appreciate your input.Sincerely,Rip van Winkle,
    They are both available, but in my opinion the ARIA is now a superior machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    They are both available, but in my opinion the ARIA is now a superior machine.
    Thank you, Tom. I will check GPO4.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan

Jun,
    There were updates to GPO1 on the Native Instruments website.
    You might wish to look there.
    You must have set up an account at Native Instruments when you acquired GPO1.
    I think the last version of the player was 1.181 or something like that.
    I'm not at my GPO computer now.

ALSO: While I agree fully that ARIA is a much superior player, there was just something about the original GPO1 library that I have never been able to duplicate with later GPO versions. It is entirely possible, however, that this is due to my own lack of ability and has nothing at all to do with the library itself.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    ALSO: While I agree fully that ARIA is a much superior player, there was just something about the original GPO1 library that I have never been able to duplicate with later GPO versions. It is entirely possible, however, that this is due to my own lack of ability and has nothing at all to do with the library itself.
    Jim, thank you for your comment.

GPO1 and GPO4 must be different from each other so that we may have to deal with them as different libraries.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan

Go Back to forum