• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Anyone else using a 2gig Shuttle System?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone else using a 2gig Shuttle System?

I curious to see if anyone else out there is also running giga on XPC shuttle system with 2gigs, and XP, with those new \"mattis\" page-pool settings.
    Has anyone experienced any weirdness in performance/etc? As I like to say it - does anyone have gremlins with this set up?

Thanks.

Re: Anyone else using a 2gig Shuttle System?

I use 3 computers (Shuttle X 41G) with 2G ram.
    It works pretty well.

Originally posted by Furst:
    I curious to see if anyone else out there is also running giga on XPC shuttle system with 2gigs, and XP, with those new \"mattis\" page-pool settings.
    Has anyone experienced any weirdness in performance/etc? As I like to say it - does anyone have gremlins with this set up?

Thanks.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">HI Furst...Im curretnly having 4 WinXPPro shuttle boxes being built for QLSO..what\'s \"mattis\" page-pool settings?

Chris -

The \"mattis\" settings are these new settings that you adjust in XP to allow Giga to see the 2gigs without crashing. I now load a little over 1gig of samples successfully in giga with XP.
    This was a very major topics on this forum and the VSL site for well over a few week. Do a search and you\'ll find everything you need to know.

Ken-P -

Would you mind defining \"pretty well\". I\'m looking to find any specific quarks that people are experiencing to see if they match mine.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Furst:
    Chris -

The \"mattis\" settings are these new settings that you adjust in XP to allow Giga to see the 2gigs without crashing. I now load a little over 1gig of samples successfully in giga with XP.
    This was a very major topics on this forum and the VSL site for well over a few week. Do a search and you\'ll find everything you need to know.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the heads up Furst...ill be checking that out!
    CD

O.K.

Non Peged Pool Quota and size,
    Paged Pool Quota and size
    = 67108864

I can load up to 96~98%.

To Shuttle users:

Have you had any heat issues? And what about noise? Having 2-4 Shuttles, does noise become disturbing?

Tabbu

My 3 shuttles are pretty quiet, because it need only one fan (no need for CUP fan).

I am very satisfied with them.

Shuttle SK41G
    2G Ram
    120GB Hard
    Floppy Drive (I should not have bought it)
    DVD Drive
    AMD Athlon XP 2000+

3 of them, I made it by myself.
    I think it costed about $2700.

I\'m not a shuttle user, but my daw was quite noisy (pentium 4 xeon). I replaced the stock cpu fans with Radial Fin Coolers (bought mine at http://www.quietpcusa.com). I was surprised at the difference that it made.

Originally posted by Ken-P:
    My 3 shuttles are pretty quiet, because it need only one fan (no need for CUP fan).

I am very satisfied with them.

Shuttle SK41G
    2G Ram
    120GB Hard
    Floppy Drive (I should not have bought it)
    DVD Drive
    AMD Athlon XP 2000+

3 of them, I made it by myself.
    I think it costed about $2700.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">So where\'s the catch? Is it more latency? Poor choice in soundcards? Everything USB? Giga don\'t like USB? What?

------------
    Alex Cremers

Go Back to forum