• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which library to buy ???

Share/Bookmark

Which library to buy ???

Hello guys,
    i know there are a lot of posts and thread with all this questions but i opened a new thread on purpose, because propably there are a lot of new answers and fresh updates which maybe changed some minds.

i am planning to buy an orchestra library but i am really not sure which one. i listened to the demos of the east/west symphonic orchestra which sound is really great and blasting, but also there is the vienno library and maybe some others i didnt heard of. due to the prize of these libraries i wanna ask you guys, maybe you have a good explanation whiy to buy this or that library.

hope you can help me here, at least its a lot of money you spend, buying such a huge library.

thx a lot and greetz
    waywyn

Re: Which library to buy ???

The QLSO set is not out yet and none of the people who played with it are allowed to speak. For now you only have the demos to guide you. It\'s very likely that in one or two weeks more comparison is possible. Better wait until then.

-----------------
    Alex Cremers

yeah thanx alex,

it\'s not a matter of time now, but i want to start to get information earlier. right now the vienna stuff sounds cool but the east west sounds more alive and powerful.

due to the fact that the library is not out yet, i want to ask other members here, what they are thinking about the demostuff

Originally posted by Waywyn:
    start to get information earlier. right now the vienna stuff sounds cool but the east west sounds more alive and powerful.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">QLSO\'s demos are more \"powerful\" in the sense that most of the demos do not really allow you to assess instruments individually. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

In any case, I for one think the Vienna stuff is plenty \"alive\", the strings, woodwinds, they\'re not dull and carry quite a bit of character.

hmm, i tested the oboe on a big studio here in my area. i must say, there was not this magic vibrato when the oboe comes to end its note...there were a lot of 2,4 or 6 seconds samples but no vibrato or really \"live\" sounds, just clear and straigt classic.

but on the description to the east west stuff, it said there is solo violin, cello, horns and stuff, so i think there is a lot of access to the individual instruments.

Originally posted by Waywyn:
    hmm, i tested the oboe on a big studio here in my area. i must say, there was not this magic vibrato when the oboe comes to end its note...there were a lot of 2,4 or 6 seconds samples but no vibrato or really \"live\" sounds, just clear and straigt classic.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Now why would you pick the oboe out of all the other instruments? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] You\'re right, it has no vibrato, but that shortcoming has been resolved. If I\'m not very much mistaken, an oboe patch with vibrato will be made available for free in the update as well.

Surely the \"classic\" oboe (which I agree is lacking without vibrato) does not prevent you from looking at the rest of the sounds?

but on the description to the east west stuff, it said there is solo violin, cello, horns and stuff, so i think there is a lot of access to the individual instruments.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I did not claim there were no solo instruments. I\'m suggesting that when you listen to instruments individually and compare them VSL will have the edge. Wether you need that detail is up to you.

okay, thx for your replies. i will have to study a little bit more and wait for the 15th [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i am really not in hurry, but i will just getting informations the earlier i can.

(sorry for bad english [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Go Back to forum