• Register
  • Help

Topic: Good Asian and Celtic samples?

Share/Bookmark

Good Asian and Celtic samples?

I\'m looking for decent Asian and Celtic (not mixed together) sounds. If I get QLRI, will this cover a lot of that ground? I\'m also eyeing Dirk Campbell\'s World Winds, but I\'m wary of that since it\'s AKAI and I might be losing out on some control. Anyone have any experience with the \"Celtic GIGA\" library on EastWest, or \"Ethno World\"?

Any other recommendations? (I\'m using Giga 2.5)

Thanks!

Re: Good Asian and Celtic samples?

me again... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I have World Winds, Ethno World and Celtic..

And I love them all...

I use Ethno World for percussions, I wouldn\'t recomend it for winds...and I have Celtic in audio so I don\'t know how it is programed in Giga...

World Winds has some really nice bag pipes and lo/hi whistles...Celtic has a lot of phrases and multies and nice sound...

Big Fish has a Celtic lib. for giga...don\'t know how it\'s called but I think that one is made for giga with proper programing...demo sounds ok, I don\'t have it tough..

Alex

Sam, QLRI has a really nice Irish Low Whistle (think, Enya, Titanic) and some beautiful Irish Uilleann Pipes. Both instruments are keyswitchable so you get different bends to the note, stacc\'s, etc.

I can\'t compare it to any other Ethnic oriented library though. As I don\'t have any others.

You also mentioned Asian, QLRI has a great Erhu (Chinese fiddle) Taiko drums, Chinese and Thai Gongs, and a Rag Dung (Tibetan trumpet)

Regards, Scott.

Thanks for the input. I\'m this close |--| to buying QLRI.. tonight. It\'s sitting in my cart. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The sale on EastWest is pretty nice. Everyone on this forum and their brother owns QLRI and says it\'s great. Plus I could use it for a demo I\'m working on...

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

You won\'t regret the purchase. It\'s a really useful library.

Do it Sam!! Do it! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ordering this morning. Woohoo! Charging it before I have the money for it (in a couple weeks or so). Shame on me. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] It\'s OK..this is a business investment, right?

It\'s OK..this is a business investment, right?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s what I keep telling my wife!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum