• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scherzo nr.1 _ written for the LR-festival GPO!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Scherzo nr.1 _ written for the LR-festival GPO!!!!

Some gone fishing, others getting a tan, more on a holiday somewhere in the world, Snorlax is performing well and also on a holiday(?). Am I the only one here working?

Scherzo nr. 1 in A major a new work in an "old coat" (because I recently listened to some works of Thomas Augustine Arne (1710-1778).

All is GPO, except the notes, they are mine

Raymond

Re: Scherzo nr.1 _ written for the LR-festival GPO!!!!

Raymond! What a delightful, happy romp, with its carefree collision of notes - I think I got a bit dizzy listening to it!

Big congrats on your new piece, proudly rendered with just GPO. Thanks much for brightening up the Festival's pages.

Randy

Raymond...

Vandaag ging ik niet hardlopen...in plaats daarvan heb ik naar je Scherzo geluisterd...vijf kilo eraf in vijf minuten...en de vetverbranding gaat nog door!

Snorlax...luie luisteraar

Today I didn't go running...instead I listened to your scherzo...dumped five pounds in five minutes...and the fat burning is still going on!

Snorlax--lazy listener
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Hello Raymond! This is wonderful! You have quite a few notes in this 3 minute piece, you have really created a very interesting sort of swirling motion with this (more so than typical waltz-like music), and it makes for a wonderful ride. I really felt I was being lifted and moved around as I listened. Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Thank you all. It was fun doing this last week. It proves that I didn't forget about GPO, though I had to consult the manual for the various CC's and keyswitches.

The score of this swirling motion. (direct link pdf)
    The same score but "indirect link"
    Now back to the study of music.

Raymond

Banned

Yes...there is more than a hint of Arne in here! Nice ritornello between strings and woodwinds. Lovin' it.

Go Back to forum