• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Latest Aria Version

Share/Bookmark

Latest Aria Version

I saw that Randy put a screen shot up last week. I'm still using the old red version of Aria, anybody know how to get the updated version

Cheers!
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Re: Latest Aria Version

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    I saw that Randy put a screen shot up last week. I'm still using the old red version of Aria, anybody know how to get the updated version

Cheers!
    Hi, Derek - The answer is a bit more complicated than you might think. Here's some info to help you catch up.

--When the new Garritan Classic Pipe Organs Library was recently released, the updated ARIA 1.5 was released along with it, because the organs require new programming in the new ARIA.

--There isn't any real advantage to users updating their ARIA for using all the Libraries released prior to the organs, because those Libraries still behave in the same way. But now with the new features in ARIA, those previous Libraries could eventually have updates taking advantage of the new programming.

--ARIA 1.5 is available to any Garritan Library user - BUT - and this is a VERY IMPORTANT caveat - The current version of the publicly available ARIA 1.5 has a list of glitches/errors causing problems for Finale users.

--A corrected new update to ARIA 1.5 is in the finishing stages of being tested before its release. Meanwhile, the version with numerous errors is still what's available.

--No guarantees, but if you're using DAW software (Sonar, Cubase etc.) - then it's possible this currently available version of ARIA 1.5 may be OK for you.

Here's the page at MakeMusic where the free ARIA updates are available to registered MakeMusic users. NOTE that MakeMusic is now the parent company - so for Garritan users to conduct any business regarding Garritan Libraries, it's now done through MM. If you haven't already done so, you need to register at the MM site.

Once you've registered, updates, downloads, purchases, can be conducted through the MM site.

Here's the page where ARIA 1.5 is available, along with two previous versions - 1.28 and 1.111 - ONCE YOU'VE REGISTERED, this link will work. You just ask to see all available downloads, and the list of ARIA versions will be displayed:

MAKE MUSIC DOWNLOADS

My advice is to sit tight for now. Wait for ARIA 1.5 to be corrected before downloading. If you're using the Libraries prior to pipe organs - you already have what you need.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post

Cheers!
    We're finalizing testing of the newest ARIA 1.5 update. I expect these to be available shortly and will post a link to them when we've released them.
    Justin Phillips
    Senior Product Manager
    MakeMusic, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Phillips View Post
    We're finalizing testing of the newest ARIA 1.5 update. I expect these to be available shortly and will post a link to them when we've released them.
    Please hurry, those of us who have tried this new engine love it, errors and all. Though the errors are a headache (you betcha...) the engine itself has some wonderful features. Exciting to hear it is a soon to be released update.

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Where will the link be posted?

They can be found via our Download section on finalemusic.com, or linked below:

Macintosh:

http://www.finalemusic.com/Downloads...lt.aspx?id=589

Windows:

http://www.finalemusic.com/Downloads...lt.aspx?id=590
    Justin Phillips
    Senior Product Manager
    MakeMusic, Inc

Thanks, Justin

That's listed as Aria 1.504. That's the one that replaces 1.5, correct?

Also, do I need to delete 1.5 before I install this one?

(Sorry for all the questions) And, will I need a new installation key?

And do I use the original serial number to get that?

Thanks,
    Hilton

They can be found via our Download section on finalemusic.com, or linked below:

Macintosh:

http://www.finalemusic.com/Downloads...lt.aspx?id=589

Windows:

http://www.finalemusic.com/Downloads...lt.aspx?id=590

1.504 is the one that has been up for a month a so. I believe 1.510 will be the update.

Jim

Ah, thanks. You've saved me a lot of unnecessary trouble!

Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    1.504 is the one that has been up for a month a so. I believe 1.510 will be the update.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post

Jim
    1.504 has been available to the beta team for about a month and has just been released publicly, as of yesterday morning.

ARIA 1.504 is the most recent version which does address a number of bugs reported with the original release of ARIA 1.5.
    Justin Phillips
    Senior Product Manager
    MakeMusic, Inc

Go Back to forum