• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Culture opinions?

Culture opinions?

Now that Culture has been out a while (last time people asked this it was too new to get an opinion on)...What do you all think of Culture? How does the industrial/orchestral compare with the ethnic percussion - the later of which is mostly the reason I am looking into the library. What are the strengths and weaknesses of this library? Is it worth the pricetag,etc..

Thank you for any information.

Re: Culture opinions?

No takers? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

One more question - how are the claps? Are these the kind that would work well in an ethnic atmosphere? I\'m remembering a lot of middle eastern music with claps as accents - I hope these aren\'t the cheesy kind of electronica claps. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for any input.

Hey Vash, sorry there\'s no takers. i\'ve been having a hard time getting some responses too... Guess everyone\'s on vacation!

Or perhaps they\'re too busy with Culture to visit the NS forums. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I\'ve been very pleased with Culture. Sound quality is excellent if a little bright for my taste. The instruments are very \"playable\" and dynamic from a keyboard and it\'s easy to get realistic performances compared to other libs. Great fun to play in other words.

The Industrial stuff is a little disappointing (someone bashing a flight case with their hand anyone?). The orchestral side is great except the Timps aren\'t chromatic. For me the world/ethnic section is the most comprehensive and main strength of Culture.

Overall it\'s probably the most comprehensive and high quality jack-of-all-trades percussion lib.

Main downside is it\'s a real polyphony hog and therefore it hits the CPU pretty hard. Most instruments have an overlong release IMO. This can be fixed with little editing though.

Oh the claps !!

I\'m not in the studio at the moment but if memory serves, they are solo/monophonic, i.e. one bloke clapping his hands.

If you want ensemble claps there are some lovely ones on Spectrasonics Heart of Africa Volume One I think.

Thanks for the info and suggestions. Shame about the claps though. But I am pretty much sold on it unless I hear something to the contrary.

I think culture is important. Culture will make you a better person. Most basically, culture will make you a person. It will prevent you from becoming a mere entropy tube, consuming nutrients and creating waste. I\'d rather be inanimate than uncultured.

Not to say that you can\'t become something if you don\'t have culture. You can always be a Jerry Springer stupidity contestant, or try to rule the most powerful country of the world into chaos.

Culturize yourself and those around you, and may the values of honor, truth, and beauty, guide you in your relentless quest through the shadowy lands of Bushland.

I\'ve read those words with Thomas latest demo still on my mind. Beautiful.

Alex Cremers

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    I\'ve read those words with Thomas latest demo still on my mind. Beautiful.

Alex Cremers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Alex,

I wrote those words while listening to Thomas latest demo. What can I say...

Take care,

Go Back to forum