• Register
  • Help

Topic: Changing samples while a note is sounding?

Changing samples while a note is sounding?

Does anyone know if it is possible in any soft sampler and with any library to have samples switched according to some controller while a note is playing? Something like AO XFD programes, but without two sounds sounding at the same time. I can imagine having samples of for instance 4 dynamic levels (some low pass filter applied to smooth transitions) and to switch between them.

Re: Changing samples while a note is sounding?

This is what almost all modern sample libraries do. All soft samplers can do it: Giga, Kontakt, Halion, EXS24mkII.

Search for layering, crossfading and controlling. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That\'s great!
    Would you advice what library actually has programs which do this (i.e. can change a sample of sounding note to a different sample as soon as a certain controller reaches certain value). I am just not capable of programming something like that and I gues it would not make sense with AO since it has only two velocities sampled and I gues they would have provided such program if it worked fine.
    Thank you.

Layering is not too difficult to learn. The best way to gain confidence with the GigaStudio editor is to get the GigaStudio Mastery Tutorial. It shows all of the operations using audio and video. You can stop and replay each section, so it should be okay - even if English is a second language. The product is available from Tascam.

Go Back to forum