• Register
  • Help

Topic: KirkHunter Solo Strings and Pure Guitars

Share/Bookmark

Re: KirkHunter Solo Strings and Pure Guitars

Yep...I bought Acoustic Essentials and while I like the chord stuff and even the percussion a lot, I was surprised to find that there were no Major 7th chord strums...pretty basic, I thought. That and there is so much odd noise artifacts on the single note samples that I don\'t use those. Just like string libraries, I guess we\'ll never find one that does it all.
    -Hudson

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PatrickP:
    One question . . . why do so many of the guitar sample CDs have only major/minor triads and 7ths? I will probably also need a slew of other chords, at least diminished triads and 7ths, augmented triads, half diminished, etc.

Simple triads and 7ths are OK for pop music, but I would think a more extensive set of chords would be available on all guitar sample CDs.

KirkHunter Solo Strings and Pure Guitars

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to get some final input before I make a purchase. I need to get some solo violin and cello samples for a theater project I\'m sequencing. The music is folk and relies on alot of \"fiddle\" work.

I read through the older postings here and after listening, I\'m sold on the Kirk Hunter Solo Strings. Anyone have anything else they would chime in with that might be worth considering for folk (guitar, bass, fiddle, etc.)

Also, I picked up Pure Guitars (Yellow Tools at the tail end of the last East/West sale!) and am very happy with the sound. It\'s true that strumming can\'t be done with individual guitar notes.

One question . . . why do so many of the guitar sample CDs have only major/minor triads and 7ths? I will probably also need a slew of other chords, at least diminished triads and 7ths, augmented triads, half diminished, etc.

Simple triads and 7ths are OK for pop music, but I would think a more extensive set of chords would be available on all guitar sample CDs.

Thanks for any input,

-Patrick

Go Back to forum