• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: First Diva beta demo released

First Diva beta demo released

Just something short, to show off a bit of what you can do. I fit Diva into my piece, not vice-versa.. in other words, I didn\'t choose the samples first then compose around them. I wanted to put something together as a composer normally would..and then say \"Hey, this piece needs solo voice,\" and then they throw it in there. Some demos are done with the composition based around the samples, and I think it\'s dishonest and misleading.

There are also a few tricks here, one of which you won\'t be able to hear too well unless you\'ve got a pair of monitors. I inserted inhales in the proper places, and even inserted an inhale right in the middle of a performance phrase, which turned out really well (at 0:37). Also, with some creative volume envelopes in your sequencer and multiple tracks of the same performance, you can easily make the soloists\' performance patches sing ANY syllable at ANY pitch you want. So for example if a performance goes \"ah na zoe,\" at the pitches of C, C, and G for example.. you\'re not stuck with those notes. You can overlap three instances of that performance at different pitches and cut the volume strategically.. and voila.. your own custom-tuned performance.

Enough of my rambling. Here\'s the demo:

(if that link doesn\'t work, try):

Instruments used:

Diva Beta Soloist 1
    Schimmel Piano (free)
    GOS Legato Basses/Celli

Re: First Diva beta demo released

Hey Sam,

It may be just me, but I\'m unable to connect to the demo URL, I get a \'server reset the connection\' message.

Fixed. Try now

Sorry about that guys [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Such is the way with shared hosting.

Just heard it fine. Nice work Sam [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] The second link worked for me. Cool library guys!

Thank you, Damon. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Boy, Thats sounds great!!!

I think this library will grow with us. Great Job Francis.

...Hey, Francis, if you send me your library I\'ll make some really great demos for you! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Awesome stuff. Keep it up! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Good one!

You should ask Sam what a pain in the *** I am before ya make me an offer like that though.

No! No! I want this! I want it like that!

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] <-------- Sam
    [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] <----------- Frank
    <-------- Sam
    [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] <------------ Frank

(Laughing out loud) Well, I\'m sure you can\'t be too bad! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] My 4 year old comp. probably couldn\'t handle it, anyway. Luckily, though, I\'ll have my new one by the time you release the set. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast