• Register
  • Help

Topic: Action-film breakbeats

Share/Bookmark

Action-film breakbeats

Can anyone recommend a sample library (giga or akai) that has breakbeats similar to those used in films like Spy Game, David Arnold\'s stuff for the Bond flicks, and... well come to think of it most of today\'s hollywood action flicks?

Re: Action-film breakbeats

Distorted Reality 1 and 2, Metamorphosis, Stylus, BT Breaks, Noize Loops.. and probably some more. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

/Tobias

Thanks Tob, I\'ve just checked out some demos of these and Metamorphosis sounds like just what I need. Thanks again.

also Percussive adventures.

not really breakbeats, but the sounds and types are all use din MV type scores

Don\'t forget about StormDrums. It what they were made for. Available soon though...

Just heard the Percussive Adventures demo and that sounds exactly like what I envisaged when I started this topic. However, after listening to Metamorphosis - well, the demos and recommendations speak for themselves. When budget allows I will definitely get Percussive Adventures though.

I forgot to say, thanks for everyone\'s input, it\'s much appreciated!

Cool....a lot of the Spy Games loops are actually Metamorphosis BTW....

spectrum

But if you get Percussive Adventures you could piece together a score with little or no effort just like they do for \"24\"...hehe. I actually love Sean Callery\'s stuff (La Femme Nikita as well) but he uses the PA cd\'s way too often in 24. So what\'s my point? PA...wicked overused for film and TV, second only to Symphony of Voices.
    -Hudson

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brewick:
    [QB] Just heard the Percussive Adventures demo and that sounds exactly like what I envisaged when I started this topic.

Go Back to forum