• Register
  • Help

Topic: Viola Detache in Kirk Hunter Solo Strings?

Share/Bookmark

Viola Detache in Kirk Hunter Solo Strings?

Are there genuine detache samples for the viola in Kirk Hunter Solo Strings? I have the library, but I can\'t find them. The cello and violin have detache samples, but I can\'t find them for the viola.

In (4) SoloVla MW=Spcc/Det/HrdSus/Esp, the \'Detache\' sustains rather long. I can\'t find anything comparable to the detache of the cello or violin.

Am I missing something?

Re: Viola Detache in Kirk Hunter Solo Strings?

All of the viola detache samples are there including separate layer, separate velocity layer, up/down detache, etc. When I installed KH solo strings for the first time all of the samples didn\'t show up. I had to rebuild the quicksound database and then they appeared.

Gary

garyob,

I can\'t find a genuine viola detache sample in my KHSS. I have the KhSoloVla Detache file, but when loaded, it sustains too long. If you load the violin and cello Detache files and compare them to the Viola, you\'ll see how much longer the viola notes sustain. The cello and violin are a little more than a second in duration whereas the viola detache may last for 10 seconds.

Can anyone else confirm this or is it me in particular?

OK, now I know what you\'re talking about. The viola detache samples sound looped like the bow is changing directions a few times.

Gary

Go Back to forum