• Register
  • Help

Topic: SAM Trumpets question

Share/Bookmark

SAM Trumpets question

Hey Maarten, will SAM Trumpets have Straight Mute Mod Wheel articulations? I like muted trumpets more than I like regular trumpets (really mean sound) and I was wondering if that was going to be a highlighted feature or just something that\'s tacked on? You have it listed under \"special articulations,\" but straight mutes are extremely common, and I\'d put them in the \"basic\" section.

Re: SAM Trumpets question

Originally posted by Maarten Spruijt:

What would you like to see in a Mod Wheel mute program? Dynamic cross fading within a straight mute sustain?

Maarten
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes!! That would be most excellent. MW Dynamic crossfading with the regular trumpet as well as muted sustains would be awesome. I only wish the stopped Horns and muted trombones had MW crossfading too. Is that a possible update or would that require more recording?

- If the samples are already there, meaning we did more than 1 velocity, than a MW program is just a matter of reprogramming. No extra recording. Upgrade.

- If there is only 1 velocity, then there is nothing to cross fade between obviously. Maybe some filtering to mimick it.

That\'s the general rule. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maarten
    Project SAM
    www.projectsam.com

Originally posted by Maarten Spruijt:
    - If the samples are already there, meaning we did more than 1 velocity, than a MW program is just a matter of reprogramming. No extra recording. Upgrade.

- If there is only 1 velocity, then there is nothing to cross fade between obviously. Maybe some filtering to mimick it.

That\'s the general rule. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maarten
    Project SAM
    www.projectsam.com
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Do you remember how many velocities of the Stopped Horns and Muted Trombones you recorded?

We will make different programming variations of the mutes, yes.

What would you like to see in a Mod Wheel mute program? Dynamic cross fading within a straight mute sustain?

Maarten
    Project SAM
    www.projectsam.com

Go Back to forum