• Register
  • Help

Topic: Soaring - A Blast From the Past

Share/Bookmark

Soaring - A Blast From the Past

Posted this a long time ago. It's called Soaring and I had one of my biggest hits here on LP when I posted this before. This I actually had performed live at my church minus the strings. Had to substitute with organ. Just couldn't get enough string players. If I'd thought about it at the time, I could have used my computer set-up and used Garritan strings from GPO4. I had done that before with great results. I did have all the rest of the instruments. There were no words for the choir to sing, just aw's were sung, but it was very effective. It sure was a lot of fun. Enjoy!

https://www.box.com/shared/qhcuhedq5x
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: Soaring - A Blast From the Past

OH yes! I remember this distinctly - You posted it 3 years ago, and I loved it then, still loving it now.

I did a Forum search just now to refresh my memory - here's part of what I wrote in response in July of 2009:

"I've been on a bit of a hidden treasure hunt this morning, looking at back pages of the LR for things I may have missed and want to respond to.Bingo! - If ever there was an over-looked golden nugget of wonderfulness in the LR, your "Soaring" would have to be it, Gary A....it has a bit of a minimalist thing going for it with the repeating rhythmic figure, but it's much too melodic and drama-driven to be truly Glass-like. And that's one of its strengths..."

I'll stand by that. It's an exciting piece, Gary - Thanks for reviving it again!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    OH yes! I remember this distinctly - You posted it 3 years ago, and I loved it then, still loving it now.

I did a Forum search just now to refresh my memory - here's part of what I wrote in response in July of 2009:

"I've been on a bit of a hidden treasure hunt this morning, looking at back pages of the LR for things I may have missed and want to respond to.Bingo! - If ever there was an over-looked golden nugget of wonderfulness in the LR, your "Soaring" would have to be it, Gary A....it has a bit of a minimalist thing going for it with the repeating rhythmic figure, but it's much too melodic and drama-driven to be truly Glass-like. And that's one of its strengths..."

I'll stand by that. It's an exciting piece, Gary - Thanks for reviving it again!

Randy
    Thank you my friend Randy! Your words mean a great deal to me! It was fun revisiting this piece. I always enjoyed listening to this piece while driving. Just had to make sure I watched my speed!

More music to listen to on the LR and more reviews to write!

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

great composition! BRAVO!
    Francesco
    nothing is forever

Go Back to forum