• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: short tune, VSL + SAM horns and bones

Share/Bookmark

short tune, VSL + SAM horns and bones

Hi,

Here is a little piece I have been working on.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000116831_000009905.mp3

Please have a go with it and tell me what you think.

The VSL repetition goes a bit off in some places, but what a heck.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Alex

Re: short tune, VSL + SAM horns and bones

You like the Planet Of The Apes soundtrack! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] It does sound amazing, and very realistic.

Nice Lex. Keep it going. I do believe there\'s some more in there.
    What are those loud clack/Tob like hits in the second half, if you don\'t mind divulging.

christianb

Damn.. great stuff, lex!! I love it! I too would like to know what those huge hits are towards the end. They\'re awesome!

Great tune Lex. Question - in your opinion how do the Sam horns compare to the VSL horns?

Thanks...glad you like it... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hits are LOP (got to love those anvils) + my custom perc hits..I have a lot of cheap perc loop Cd\'s(Legend of China, roots of the pacific, PA, etc etc) which I cut up end edit in to nice perc kits..

Alex

Originally posted by damoy:
    Great tune Lex. Question - in your opinion how do the Sam horns compare to the VSL horns?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I have only VSL performance set, but my opinion is that these to are 2 completly different instruments. VSL horns are not french horns and do not sound even close to SAMs huge french horns.

I love them both, but I use them for completly diferent things.

Alex

Originally posted by lex:
    I have only VSL performance set, but my opinion is that these to are 2 completly different instruments. VSL horns are not french horns and do not sound even close to SAMs huge french horns.

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually, they are French horns because they use piston valves (twin pistons, as is the Viennese model) with a smaller bore size. Double horns with rotary valves and larger bores are German, not French though unfortunately everyone seems to want to give the French credit for the Germans\' design.

Originally posted by Russ:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by lex:
    I have only VSL performance set, but my opinion is that these to are 2 completly different instruments. VSL horns are not french horns and do not sound even close to SAMs huge french horns.

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually, they are French horns because they use piston valves (twin pistons, as is the Viennese model) with a smaller bore size. Double horns with rotary valves and larger bores are German, not French though unfortunately everyone seems to want to give the French credit for the Germans\' design. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">A-haaaa....I allways tought that VSLs are Viennese.

So VSL are French forns, and the huge Wagnerish sound that we asociate with french forn is acctualy a German Horn?

Alex

So VSL are French forns, and the huge Wagnerish sound that we asociate with french forn is acctualy a German Horn?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">According to Adlers Study of Orchestration, most Horns were German made anyway. Or at least in the development of its early construction. Horns parts were marked cor de chasse; French for hunting horn. Hence the term French Horn was born.

I did read somewhere that the Viennese Horns have a smaller bore?

Anyway, very nice piece Lex. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum