• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sudden doubts about HardCore Bass

Share/Bookmark

Sudden doubts about HardCore Bass

I have recently learnt on this forum that HardCore Bass will be out for release \"at the end of this month\" (wich, in this kind of industry, might in fact mean \"end of june, maybe july\"...)
    Well, then I tell myself that this library\'s development was by far unacomplished when the demos (that I find quite good and pretty realistic) were put online months ago.
    So I wonder :
    - are those demos the real thing ? I mean, made 100% with samples, or are they a mix of 60% real performance and 40% of samples ?
    - by the way, is the Intakt engine provided with the library streaming-capable ?
    Thanks for any light on these topics.

Re: Sudden doubts about HardCore Bass

Originally posted by sirbellog:
    I have recently learnt on this forum that HardCore Bass will be out for release \"at the end of this month\" (wich, in this kind of industry, might in fact mean \"end of june, maybe july\"...)
    Well, then I tell myself that this library\'s development was by far unacomplished when the demos (that I find quite good and pretty realistic) were put online months ago.
    So I wonder :
    - are those demos the real thing ? I mean, made 100% with samples, or are they a mix of 60% real performance and 40% of samples ?
    - by the way, is the Intakt engine provided with the library streaming-capable ?
    Thanks for any light on these topics.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Please understand HCB and EWQLSO are the first \'instruments\' to use KOMPAKT - which we co-designed with NATIVE INSTRUMENTS.

Many people in both companies have been working \'round the clock\' for a year to bring these products to market.

As with any new development, thorough testing is required to make sure the final product is solid.

It\'s difficult to put precise times on this process under these circumstances.

At this time, we are satisfied with the latest beta of HCB and it will go into production next week. We still hope to have it released at the end of this month.

Second, the demo is 100% HCB.

Third, our KOMPAKT interface (not INTAKT, which is loop based) includes DFD \'streaming\' with adjustable ram vs streaming control.

As an appetizer here is the final interface for both Mac and PC -

<center> </center>
    Take care,

Doug Rogers
    --------------------
    EASTWEST
    www.soundsonline.com

They\'ve really only been working on the interface the past couple of months (mostly). The Samples were edited and the basics were programmed in Kontakt some time ago, I\'m sure.

The demo was probably done with an \"in development\" beta of Kompakt, or directly from Kontakt. So Its %100 samples most likely. If it had any live performance Nick would\'ve said when he posted the demo. Also its easy to tell that its not live. Its good....memorex maybe, but not live [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Yummie, yummie, look at those colors!

------------
    Alex Cremers

Hey Doug,
    I already can say there\'s a BIG bug in the GUI : I clicked on the keyboard you gave us and had absolutely no sound !!
    ------------------
    More seriously,
    I thank you for these new infos, and am looking forward to playing these basses.
    ------------------
    Lee,
    As for how a \"mixed\" demo could be made, even if i\'m not a tech wizard, it seems to me that with the same bass player playing some riffs and individual notes articulations as well, with the same amp, the same bass and same fingers/pick, and into the same recording device, this \"mixture\" would not seem science fiction to me.
    -------
    King,
    you probably have very good ears, better than mine anyway, but I, as a former bass player (not a pro one I confess), wish I was able to ever play virtuoso licks like that, live....
    For me, these demos do sound very realistic, even more when you think of the kind of very stylish play they demonstrate. And I bet they would fool many unaware people.
    -------
    So let\'s hope it wont be too long now... and that there will have a European distributor (I will always remember the huge amount of unexpected taxes when I bought QL Strat from Soundonline USA.. my God !)

\"I already can say there\'s a BIG bug in the GUI : I clicked on the keyboard you gave us and had absolutely no sound !!\"

Hahahahaha thats a good one sirbellog. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

definitely memorex [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

believe me, I think it sounds great, and I want it, and will use it, and it will fool musicians and listeners alike. There are giveaways tho. Listen to the release samples, and how it \"gates\" the amp noise.

Now a simple addition to this lib would be \"amp hiss\" control [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] jsut a standard stereo track of am his that all ways plays, THEN you can add your own gate after the fact...boom one of the big giveaways is gone [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

sort of like adding \"noise\" to orchestral samples.

Anyone else notice that on the screen dump that only 1 note is being played and the cpu usage is over 30% ? ? ?

Munsie, don\'t forget that the single note may be only from one instrument channel of many which are playing. Look at the list - there\'s two instruments solo\'d from a long list which looks like it scrolls well beyond what you can see...

That 30% cpu usage would have to be from a Commodore 64. An average PC will use 2-3% of CPU resources for Hardcore Bass. My killer PC uses 1-2%, or 3% if I turn on all the effects. Also, ram requirements are extremely low because of the streaming. This library was done a year ago, actually. We\'ve just been waiting for the interface.

Go Back to forum