• Register
  • Help

Topic: Do I have to run a separate instance to bring out a part?

Share/Bookmark

Do I have to run a separate instance to bring out a part?

Hola y'all,
    Using GPO full choir I just have some block chords and post recorded the mod wheel...sounds okay but I'd really like to bring out one of the notes/parts...velocity does nothing it seems...am I overlooking something or do I need to run a separate instance to bring it out?
    Thanks very much,
    GRB

Re: Do I have to run a separate instance to bring out a part?

Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    Hola y'all,
    Using GPO full choir I just have some block chords and post recorded the mod wheel...sounds okay but I'd really like to bring out one of the notes/parts...velocity does nothing it seems...am I overlooking something or do I need to run a separate instance to bring it out?
    Thanks very much,
    GRB
    That's the problem of using block chords for any sample patch - Your volume control data will effect all the notes in the chord. You should separate each line, 4, 5 MIDI tracks, however many parts are in your chord.

And then to avoid the controller data competing, yes, you'll want a separate instance of the choir for each MIDI track, each on its own MIDI channel. You don't need separates instances of ARIA, of course, you just need to load the choir however many times you need.

Randy

Re: Do I have to run a separate instance to bring out a part?

Thank you Randy.

Go Back to forum