• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Castaway" mockup with VSL/SI

"Castaway" mockup with VSL/SI

Here is just a very small clip for anyone interested of a cue from Castaway.

strings-VSL performance legatos layered with SI basses

Thanks to Simon for the webspace [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: "Castaway" mockup with VSL/SI

Very nice Damon... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

hey Damon. Is that Wilson\'s theme? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Very nice. I may have to take a peek at that soundtrack.

wasn\'t that Silvestri?

Nice work Damon. I saw the movie a few months ago. Is it my imagination or was there no music while he was stranded?

Thanks for taking a listen [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I\'ve been digging Silvestri\'s stuff lately so I thought I\'d check out to see what he was doing (I know there are some parts wrong most likely [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).
    Hey Chris,
    There wasn\'t alot of music in the movie. The first cue I remember was when he was on the ocean after battling the waves at last leaving the island. The hymn came in.

Nice work Damon!

Very nice Damon!

I love that cue. Doesn\'t it come in when he finally leaves the island and is out on the ocean? Its so good because it gives you a sense of his loneliness out there.

I really liked the movie up till that point.. too bad they had to ruin it (IMO) with their \'ambiguous\' ending. Ugh! I\'m getting flashbacks of sitting in the movie theater after it was over saying \'THAT CAN\'T BE THE END!!\' [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Damon!

Very nice movement! To my taste the basses are a bit too upfront, and the repeated oboe note in the beginning is too \"fluent\". Those nice high strings... Did you EQ them?

There is no music in the movie once he\'s on the island, then music comes back in once he leaves.

I love silvestri\'s stuff. He\'s one of my, if not my favorite, because he\'s good with themes.

I however dont like what he did on Identity. It felt substandard compared to his other works (including What Lies Beneath)

Go Back to forum