• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 2nd EWQLSO Demo from Maarten Spruijt

Share/Bookmark

2nd EWQLSO Demo from Maarten Spruijt

Here is a new EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA demo \"Death Creek\" composed by Maarten Spruijt

To play the demo select CLICK HERE.

To download it (recommended) right-click (Windows) or option click (Mac).

\"Death Creek\" - to download or play it <u>CLICK HERE</u> (38.7Mb 24bit .wav file)

There is also an MP3 version at http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-155

IMPORTANT: These demos are copyrighted material. Please do not convert or redistribute them without our written permission.

Enjoy!

Re: 2nd EWQLSO Demo from Maarten Spruijt

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] DAMN!!! That demo is AWESOME!! I really, really love how this library sounds. It has a very distinct sound to it. And I absolutely love that composition, Maarten! I give it 4 thumbs up!

I must say that I am VERY impressed with EWQLSO, especially the brass stuff. That was always the weakness of the Roland stuff when I was doing this back in the day. I had to \"write around\" the library weaknesses so much of the time. If I have to say a weak point I am hearing in even the best of these demos it is the solo violin and some of the cello stuff, which sounds almost too close mic\'ed as opposed to the ambience of the other instruments. And let me say that the ambience that is imposed by the hall recording technique (no one is using any other \'verb on these demos are they?) just blows me away.

Oh, giver of horny sounds. That is fantastic. The only other demo from ewql that was any good was that Tunnelling one by what\'s-his-face. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Do I sound like a guy sucking up for a good price on trumpets or what

In all seriousness this is one of my favorite of all your pieces and lets face it, there aren\'t too many dogs in that bunch. Very very nice. It goes into logic tonight so I can use it as a template to try and puke out a comp of my own. Thanks always for the inspiration.

christianb

Amazing. The brass is so authentic. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Great piece Maarten!

Thomas

Very cool demo. Sounds to me like Maarten used more close mics on some of the low strings and bones, which I thought was really effective.

Mister M.

Love that piece.

I enjoy in general the way you play with tensions. Rubs me the right way.

Definetly the type of writing I like best in the orchestral genre.

Spruit vs. Silvestri vs. Grieg

Darkness. In a light way.

I adore it.

Isabella Rowlins

Great music! I\'m very impressed by the brass and the percussion.. woul be interesting to hear pure string demos and woodwind demos.

/Tobias

Go Back to forum