• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New FREE Gigs to download

Share/Bookmark

New FREE Gigs to download

Hey everybody,

I hope you\'ve gotten a chance to check out the free Trumpet. If not, here\'s the link again. I\'ve also uploaded two acoustic guitars. A nylon and a steel string. The nylon has a good all-around sound while the steel has a more \"twangy\" sound, almost like a banjo. Keep an eye on the site. I\'ll be uploading some prepared piano FX and orchestral percussion soon.

Westgate Studios

Re: New FREE Gigs to download

Once again, thanks Timzdee!

Dasher

Your trumpet, and now the guitars are certainly appreciated.

Here\'s a suggestion: incorporate your name, or maybe your site name, into the title of the freebie gigs.

The first thing I do is change the name to, for example, TimZguitar(nylon).gig.

I like to remember where/who they came from.

Thanks again, Carl

Hi Tim,

Many, many thanks for the guitars. I am downloading them right now. The trumpet is fantastic!

All the best,

Magnus

Thanks King. People\'s interest in the woodwind library helps me to continue providing free stuff too. I\'m thinking about adding some muted patches for the trumpet.

Staccatos would be great for the trumpet. The percussion you mentioned which will be available at a later date - is that the one from your ethnic flute demo? That was my favorite demo.

Yes, It\'s a mix of custom percussion and some from the Roland Sound Canvas.

Anyone know the trick for getting these to download on a mac.... I have the \"MacRar 2.5\"
    extractor but I keep getting a message of \"broken header\" what am I to do?

Thanks....

Anyone know the trick for getting these to download on a mac.... I have the \"MacRar 2.5\"
    extractor but I keep getting a message of \"broken header\" what am I to do?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I just use Stuff-it Expander 7.03 and they open fine. I\'m also under OS 10.2.6 but that shouldn\'t matter. I did have trouble with the nylon guitar when I translated it from Giga to NNXT so I\'ll try that one again.
    Cheers,
    J

Actually, I tried Expander in _both_ OS9 & 10.2.6, and it didn\'t work in either system.

The way I got it to work was to download the latest version of UnRarX off of Versiontracker - that did the trick with no trouble at all.

On the other hand, if you\'re on OS9 with no access to a machine with 10.2.6 loaded - well, sadly, you\'re screwed. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Tim - what version of WinRAR are you using to compress these .gigs? My info says 2.9, but I don\'t think that\'s right, since Stuffit is supposed to handle everything up through version 3.0...

Go Back to forum