• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Woodwind Collection

Share/Bookmark

Woodwind Collection

If you haven\'t yet heard the demos for the Westgate Studios Woodwind Collection, I hope you\'ll check them out.

Westgate Studios

Several people have suggested expanding the library with other articulations. I\'d like to take a poll about what you\'d like to see added. If there is enough interest, I will schedule more recording sessions.

Here\'s what I\'d like to do so far...

Add pitch bends of different speeds for the recorders as well as trills.

Add new instruments - Eb Clarinet and Penny Whistle

Other people have suggested non-vibrato gigs as well as staccato. Let me know which articulations you think are most important for woodwinds.

Re: Woodwind Collection

Well, it\'s not a woodwind, but since you also do brass the one thing that I can never seem to find except for a very mediocre soundfont that I\'d really love to have is a good flugelhorn. It\'s such a nice sounding instrument, and you simply can\'t cop Burt Bacharach without one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If it were free it would be great, but I\'d even pay a bit to download a good one.

Daniel

Originally posted by timzydee:
    If you haven\'t yet heard the demos for the Westgate Studios Woodwind Collection, I hope you\'ll check them out.

Westgate Studios

Several people have suggested expanding the library with other articulations. I\'d like to take a pole about what you\'d like to see added. If there is enough interest, I will schedule more recording sessions.

Here\'s what I\'d like to do so far...

Add pitch bends of different speeds for the recorders as well as trills.

Add new instruments - Eb Clarinet and Penny Whistle

Other people have suggested non-vibrato gigs as well as staccato. Let me know which articulations you think are most important for woodwinds.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">1/2 and whole step Trills for all instruments please.

stacatto and portato, flutter would be neat, and one unique thing that no one\'s done lately is Singing Flute (jethro tull-like)

How about a saxaphone? No one seems to like the saxaphone! It needs more attention than it has gotten so far.

Also, how about vibrato clarinet? No one seems to like vibrato clarinet, either, but I love it!

Flutter and trills.

The Flute currently has flutter-toungued samples. It\'s less common for the others, but I\'ll consider it.

Also, the Piccolo, Flute, and Clarinet currently have trills.

My clarinet player does a great vibrato. He has two distinct styles. One sounds like a Benny Goodman Big Band style and the other has a more ethnic Russian feel.

The trills I mentioned are mostly for oboe.

As for the clarinet, please go with the ethnic Russian sound! Articulations on recorders and penny whistle would be great too! Best of luck with sales, I can\'t wait to get it.

I second the non-vibrato for the same reason mentioned before.

I second portato and staccto.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast