• Register
  • Help

Topic: Recommendations for Perc

Share/Bookmark

Recommendations for Perc

Can anyone recommend a good perc library? Let me explain...

Generally, I\'m looking for something along the lines of the perc found on Ross Gafields Drum Doctor 1 CD, but with more of a selection, particularly multiple hits with several velocity layers.

Specifically, for the current project I\'m working on I could really use a nice selection of mark trees and/or windchimes. Preferably ones that ring and sustain long enough (most of the ones I have put an amp envelope on the sample to save memory).

I realize that there are lots out there to choose from, and Lord knows we all have more than enough perc samples, but I was curious if anyone had come across something relatively new, that they were excited about.

As always, Thanks in advance...

Re: Recommendations for Perc

I\'ve heard London Orchestral Percussion\'s supposed to be good, but you probably already knew that. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

What sample format Jaimo, if you need to \"save memory\" in these times? [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maarten

What sample format Jaimo, if you need to \"save memory\" in these times?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well that\'s just it. I don\'t need to save memory anymore. It\'s just that most of the windchime samples I currently do have seem to have been truncated with memory conservation in mind.

I was just wondering what new libraries are available that aren\'t concerned with memory allocation. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Culture has a very nice set of chimes with long, sustained runs (or short as well)

Go Back to forum