• Register
  • Help

Topic: SONAR X1 (Demo) and Garritan Personal Orchestra 4

Share/Bookmark

SONAR X1 (Demo) and Garritan Personal Orchestra 4

I upgraded my GPO 1 to GPO 4

Now, I downloaded SONAR X1 Demo version and trying to introduce the ARIA player as VST to the SONAR X1.

After the VST Plug-in Wizard recognized ARIA players, X1 freezes. Any point of X1 screen does not respond and return error sound. If I forced to shutdown, it never start up again.

Do you have any idea about what is wrong ? I'm not sure it is because the X1 is trial version.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Re: SONAR X1 (Demo) and Garritan Personal Orchestra 4

I have had this problem if the 64-bit and 32-bit VSTs are loaded at the same time (specifically the Aria VST). If you are using 64-bit Sonar, you may have both of these loaded which causes a conflict of sorts.

You will have to tell Sonar in 64-bit mode not to load the 32-bit drivers using the Plugin Manager and possibly moving some of the 32-bit Aria VST files out of the way.

NOTE: None of this is relevant if you are using the 32-bit Sonar.

Thank you for your advise, jdsnyderii.

I am using 64-bit so that your suggestion should help.

I deleted all x86.dll from the ARIA PLAYER folder, but still X1 loads 4 plug-ins (x86 multi, single, 64 multi, single). I remove all the checks in Plug-in manager for irrelevant .dll's but still X1 freezes.

I will try to ask Cakewalk.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Jun Yamamoto View Post
    Thank you for your advise, jdsnyderii.

I am using 64-bit so that your suggestion should help.

I deleted all x86.dll from the ARIA PLAYER folder, but still X1 loads 4 plug-ins (x86 multi, single, 64 multi, single). I remove all the checks in Plug-in manager for irrelevant .dll's but still X1 freezes.

I will try to ask Cakewalk.

Sincerely,
    You should load the plugin manager but no projects, and then see where the items come from (i.e. the file location). Then you can figure out where it is coming from.

Hmmmm. I use both Sonar X1 and Sonar 8.5, 32 bit and 64 bit, and haven't had these issues.

You need to keep your .dll files straight by having copies of the 32 bit versions in Program Files (X86)>Cakewalk>Vstplugins, and the 64 bit versions in Program Files>Cakewalk>Vstplugins. Those two locations are what you direct the Plugin Manager to for scanning.

Then you make custom lists of your plugins, organizing them by type. When you're in 64 bit, always use just the 64 list you've put together which only has 64 plugins included, and vice versa when you're in 32 bit Sonar. Then there's no possibility that you'll be confusing the program by trying to use the wrong .dll files.

That describes the most organized way to work with plugins, without listing multiple locations for your Plugin Manager to search. They should all be in your Cakewalk VST folders.

Randy

Thank you very much, jdsnyderii and Randy,

After several trial and error, I managed to make Sonar X1 32 bit and Aria Player work together.

I am not sure what was the cause, but I remember the similar struggle I experienced when first time I introduced GPO to my older machine.

I will try 64 bit later on.

Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Jun Yamamoto View Post
    Thank you very much, jdsnyderii and Randy,

After several trial and error, I managed to make Sonar X1 32 bit and Aria Player work together...
    I'm glad to hear this, Jun.

I think possible confusion arises when we have 64 bit machines which have two Program File locations, and when a company provides separate .dll files for 32 bit and 64 bit.

Notice that all Garritan files are installed in the 64 bit Program Files now, nothing goes into the X86 Program File master folder. We need to keep the .dlls straight in the folders for our programs i.e. ARIA X86 .dlls in the X86 master Cakewalk folder, and ARIA 64 bit in the 64 bit master Cakewalk folder. Once we have that set up, installers will usually find the two different VST folders we've created for the two different versions of any Cakewalk program, and install them for us.

Randy

Go Back to forum