• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB Host Automation IDs

Share/Bookmark

JABB Host Automation IDs

Hi all

I'm wondering if and how JABB supports AU Host Automation IDs? I am new to this, so please excuse me if this has been answered before. I am wanting to play JABB sounds as AU instruments directly from my new Eigenharp Pico, without going through MIDI. I can already use the effects through MIDI CCs using Logic 9. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Bruce

Re: JABB Host Automation IDs

Quote Originally Posted by cropleyb View Post
    Hi all

I'm wondering if and how JABB supports AU Host Automation IDs? I am new to this, so please excuse me if this has been answered before. I am wanting to play JABB sounds as AU instruments directly from my new Eigenharp Pico, without going through MIDI. I can already use the effects through MIDI CCs using Logic 9. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Bruce
    Hello, Bruce - I'd never heard of this instrument before, so had a look at their website. - Hmmm, I'm not understanding how it would work without MIDI - JABB, and all Garritan Libraries are hosted by the ARIA Player, and respond to MIDI controllers, starting with the basic of MIDI Note On and Off. Your Eigenharp Pico is basically a wind MIDI controller - so - Hmmm. Maybe there's more to it that I'm not understanding.

Randy

Hello, Bruce - I'd never heard of this instrument before, so had a look at their website. - Hmmm, I'm not understanding how it would work without MIDI - JABB, and all Garritan Libraries are hosted by the ARIA Player, and respond to MIDI controllers, starting with the basic of MIDI Note On and Off. Your Eigenharp Pico is basically a wind MIDI controller - so - Hmmm. Maybe there's more to it that I'm not understanding.
    Hi Randy

It seems like I'm on the bleeding edge here
    Logic has track based Automation, and my impression is that AU plugins can receive this data with more precision than via MIDI. Another protocol that is coming up is OSC, and it will allow the playing in of musical data with much more precision than MIDI. The Eigenharp has amazing sensitivity, and it would be nice if this could be used with JABB.

Thanks again,
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by cropleyb View Post
    Hi Randy

It seems like I'm on the bleeding edge here
    Logic has track based Automation, and my impression is that AU plugins can receive this data with more precision than via MIDI. Another protocol that is coming up is OSC, and it will allow the playing in of musical data with much more precision than MIDI. The Eigenharp has amazing sensitivity, and it would be nice if this could be used with JABB.

Thanks again,
    Bruce
    Hi, Bruce - Well, on the site for your Eigenharp, it talks about it being a MIDI controller. So with it set up properly, you Will be able to play JABB.

OK, you're talking about plug-in automation - That isn't as accurate as MIDI, according to the ARIA developers. I'm rather sure, if you're talking about what I think you are, ARIA doesn't respond to it - and then of course JABB doesn't since ARIA is the host play back engine.

Read through your manuals, you need to learn how to use MIDI!

Randy

Go Back to forum