• Register
  • Help

Topic: No Masking in Kontakt?

Share/Bookmark

No Masking in Kontakt?

GigaStudio has a voice-saving function, where only the loudest sample of the same note is allowed to play. This is great for piano, where you don\'t need a pianissimo A4 to play simultaneously as a Fortissimo A4. The softer note will be muted, and a voice saved.

As far as I can see, it should be possible with the voice groups (although there are not 88 of them...) However the options for voice stealing is only: \"oldest, newest, highest, or lowest note\"

Am I missing something?

You get your chance now mr. King...

Hans

Re: No Masking in Kontakt?

hmmm not sure except for that voice group idea you had

For a second I thought maybe assigning release/decay control to velocity and shelving the curve when you hit the velocity switch point value, but I\'m not sure that will work if it only works after retriggers. And not sure if it will work at all depending on how the mapping for release control with velocity works.

I\'ll have to try it.

I spoke with Matin Jann about this. There should be a \"softest\" rule added to the voice stealing options. They said they will consider it.
    Specially usefull with piano, right?
    MP

I noticed the \'self mask\' being on in, I believe, Michiels Bosendorfer 290? I edited the patches and turned it off - it was very audiable in many instances.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    I noticed the \'self mask\' being on in, I believe, Michiels Bosendorfer 290? I edited the patches and turned it off - it was very audiable in many instances.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Self-mask should actually be turned on for piano and any percussive envelope instrument. Otherwise, you\'ll get very unnatural buildup and cancellation/comb filter/phase artifacts.

Go Back to forum