• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I Just Got Married

I Just Got Married

Yes that's right, I just got married this past weekend. It was a wonderful weekend spent on the beach with family and friends. We live in North Carolina, but our guest came from all across the USA. My bride's name is Liz who is originally from the Philippines, and the person who bought me GPO4 last Christmas! I played the music on a Yamaha digital piano in the wedding also and ended up giving an impromptu concert for the entire crowd at Carolina Beach before the wedding. It was a wonderful time, and I wanted to simply share with everyone this life changing event that just recently happened to me.

Re: I Just Got Married

Saw the FB pixx...very nice.

You will now have to change your name--no more "composing at night,' eh?

Wishing you every happiness!

Jim & Suellen Williams (just passed 25 yrs married)
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Congratulations to you, Rodney, and our very best wishes to Liz! I knew this was coming up - wasn't sure exactly when - so I've been waiting for the big announcement. Joyous occasion!! Thanks for letting your Garritan Community share the happiness with you. Wonderful.

Randy and Kate

Congratulations and best wishes!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Congratulations and best wishes, Liz and Ron.
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Bologna (Italy)

Congratulations to you, Rod, and to Liz, for such a wonderful happening in both your Lifes!

May the Lord bless you two and the love you share!

"The gold of Captain Rich" - a danbergam's short-movie -> http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=62264

I said goodbye -> http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55669

"Musico ergo sum."
    "GPO : composer = unicorn : R.P.G. player
    Well, the unicorn is to be imagined... but GPO's real!"

Great news. Congratulations to you and your wife. As Snorlax said: no more composing at night. And for you there isn't "The Death of Melody" anymore, you will sing every day.

Is this also a contest how long we are married?
    Composing at night(Rod): just about 72 hours
    Snorlax: slightly more than 25 years
    Raymond & Dolores: this year 45 years (I win!!)

Suburban NYC

Hey Rodney ... CONGRATULATIONS to you and Liz!!

Such great news; as if you needed even more inspiration to keep churning out all the varied and inspired music we've come to know you by! LOL

Sounds like you had the perfect setting to begin what will truly become your real magnum opus.

I spent quite a bit of time in the Philippines during my Navy days and have a deep love and admiration for their people. I'll tell you this: You WILL gain 10 lbs your first year of marraige ... Filippino cuisine is one of the real, great, world amalgams of East-meets-West ... "May your love be as long as the pancit noodle" . (I taught CAD to a very sweet Philippino gal up in Connecticut who brought me in a delicious plate of pancit on my birthday; it's traditional to symbolize "long life" ... I was very touched by that and remember it every birthday).

OK ... I'll add to Raymond's tally ...
    Composing at night(Rod): just about 72 hours
    Snorlax: slightly more than 25 years
    Raymond & Dolores: this year 45 years (I win!!)
    Frank & Barbara: 37 years (I'm in second now, but I'm gaining on you fast, Raymond ... We hope to catch you guys in a year or two!)

C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E and God Bless ...

West Seneca, NY

Congratulations and many, many, many, many, years of togetherness! Freeze the cake 'cause next year you have to send us all a piece!

Congratulations Liz and Ron. Your creativity should increase now that you are in a close relationship with the love of your life. I hope it gives you impetus to compose greater music and achieve greater successes (for both of you).....

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum