• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Does S.A.G.E. Xpanders come with separate WAV samples?

Share/Bookmark

Does S.A.G.E. Xpanders come with separate WAV samples?

I'm finally getting Trilian and I'm also thinking of getting Stylus RMX Xpanded. Spectrasonics' web site doesn't mention anything about if the Xpenders come with separate WAV samples that can be used outside of Stylus RMX.

If current owners of Stylus RMX Xpanded could clearify it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

/sp0
    macbook pro 13", pcr-800, remote 25sl compact, microkey37, lpk25, reason 7.0.1, live 9.0.4, omnisphere 1.5.6d, trilian 1.4.1d, stylus rmx 1.9.6e

Re: Does S.A.G.E. Xpanders come with separate WAV samples?

The included expanders don't come with wav files, only the RMX compatible Rex/RX2 files.
    These should keep you good for a long time.

However, should you want to purchase additional packs for Stylus, many 3rd party vendors include wavs & RMX loops as part of their packages. Prime Loops and Zero G spring to mind.

You can also convert any of your own wave files for RMX loops if you use Recycle.

Don't "also think" about getting Stylus as well, just do it. It's superb in it's own right, able to provide not just rhythms, but melodic loops (synths, guitars etc) as well (chekc out Nine Volt Audio, Prime Loops), so it'll fully compliment Trilian.

Also, you can take RMX loops and drop them into Trilian (long explanation not included)

I don't think the wav file is an issue - really.

Check out the videos on Spectrasonics site, Nine Volt Audio Site, Skippy's site for tutorials (ideas about how good RMX is) and then part with your cash :-)

Hope that helps
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Nine Volt Audio included a special program called Rextractor in their Metal Guitar libraries that converts rex into wav and/or apple loops. I don't own the libraries so I don't know if it works only with that libraries.

Alternatively, drop an RMX loop into your Cubase/FL/Logic/whatever and export to audio WAV.

Everythings very flexible.

BTW - Hi Zeruyo - bit quiet lately isn't it?

Neil
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by NeilB View Post
    Don't "also think" about getting Stylus as well, just do it.
    Ok, I just did it!
    macbook pro 13", pcr-800, remote 25sl compact, microkey37, lpk25, reason 7.0.1, live 9.0.4, omnisphere 1.5.6d, trilian 1.4.1d, stylus rmx 1.9.6e

BTW - Hi Zeruyo - bit quiet lately isn't it?
    Neil
    me or in general the forum?

General, in the forum.
    Don't think I know you well enough to refer to you as an "it" yet, unless you thought I was Welsh, isn't it? :-)

No, the forum here. Seems the longest quiet spell I've ever known. Perhaps Spectrasonics need to do something to get everyone involved again.
    :-)
    Neil B

Anyway,
    Sorry sp0bjogu - didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Hope you enjoy your new Trilian & RMX once you've got past the headaches of installation & early confusions.

Neil
    Neil B

General, in the forum.
    No, the forum here. Seems the longest quiet spell I've ever known. Perhaps Spectrasonics need to do something to get everyone involved again.
    :-)
    I agree completely and I hope we'll restart discussing about a new Stylus UltraSteam RMX.

@sp0bjogu: altough the Spectrasonics video tutorial are the best I've ever seen, of course feel free to ask about any doubt you may have

Quote Originally Posted by zeruyo View Post
    I agree completely and I hope we'll restart discussing about a new Stylus UltraSage RMX.

@sp0bjogu: altough the Spectrasonics video tutorial are the best I've ever seen, of course feel free to ask about any doubt you may have
    I second that, but look at these RMX videos too on this page (you might need something to prop your jaw up)

http://www.pluginguru.com/guru-videos/power-reviews

Can't see you getting bored anytime soon :-)

Actually, there's a thread here at the moment asking about clearing parts - I think your answer (if you read this) may be in the final RMX video in the link above) - lots and lots about parts in there.

Neil
    Neil B

Go Back to forum