• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Aria 1.6.0.2

Share/Bookmark

Aria 1.6.0.2

I saw this new update listed on the Garritan part of the makemusic site. I'm not the only one, right?
    Arthur J. Michaels
    https://www.facebook.com/composerarthurjmichaels

Finale 2000 through Finales 25.4 (currently using Finale 25.4)
    Garritan COMB2, GPO4, GPO5, Audacity 2.1.3
    Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Premium x64
    Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

Re: Aria 1.6.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by gogreen1 View Post
    I saw this new update listed on the Garritan part of the makemusic site. I'm not the only one, right?
    Well, maybe you are the only one! Your post made me go look at MM - all I see is 1.5. And something odd, version 1.6 was just started in Beta testing a few days ago. No 1.6.0.2 in sight - This is mysterious.

Randy

Garritan.com > Support > Aria Engine Update > Support > Get Aria Engine Update Version 1.602 released September 12, 2012.
    Arthur J. Michaels

Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

Quote Originally Posted by gogreen1 View Post
    Garritan.com > Support > Aria Engine Update > Support > Get Aria Engine Update Version 1.602 released September 12, 2012.
    Arthur! You must be Sherlock Holmes' smarter brother to have found that! - Since Make Music is the parent company of Garritan now, that's the only site I've been looking at for updates. On their download page, they still have 1.5. I followed your circuitous route and found what you're talking about - I'll be! So I checked with the non-public Beta Forum, and saw that there was this 1.6.02 update posted two days ago that I didn't get notification about. - Guess they're pretty sure about it since the Beta team hasn't done any testing with it. Hmmm!

Things are still a bit wonky, the coordination between MM and Garritan - I suppose the MM site will catch up with this in the next day or two. Meanwhile, I can't really tell you anything about this 1.6.02 since I don't even have it yet!

Warning though - as it says on the page you went to:

"- ARIA PLAYER users should first look at updating their full ARIA PLAYER before running any ARIA ENGINE update."

ARIA Engine and ARIA Player are two different things. It says to make sure you have the ARIA Player update, - but I don't see where that's listed. On the Beta Forum - we do have a Player version 1.6.02 to test - I'm not at all sure people should be downloading just this Engine update.

It's confusing! - Hopefully soon to be straightened out.

Randy

Thanks, Randy. I suppose MM will sort this out soon, I hope.
    Arthur J. Michaels

Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

Hi.
    Aria Engine v.1.6.0.2 has been released at MM 2 weeks a go, but no information about this release on Garritan web site!! should I install it now? previously I installed Aria playr 1.5 include Engine 1.5..Please any one from Garritan support can answer me ?

Quote Originally Posted by shakuman View Post
    Hi.
    Aria Engine v.1.6.0.2 has been released at MM 2 weeks a go, but no information about this release on Garritan web site!! should I install it now? previously I installed Aria playr 1.5 include Engine 1.5..Please any one from Garritan support can answer me ?
    I still only see 1.5. Are you sure it's been released? Maybe this is for users who have registered IO?
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Quote Originally Posted by shakuman View Post
    ...Aria Engine v.1.6.0.2 has been released at MM 2 weeks a go, but no information about this release on Garritan web site!! should I install it now? previously I installed Aria playr 1.5 include Engine 1.5..Please any one from Garritan support can answer me ?
    --Well, as you can see from this thread, we've been talking about ARIA 1.602 for a number of weeks now. The information Is available through the Garritan site route described on post #3 which takes you to Plogue.

At MM, the listed download for ARIA is still listed as 1.5, but they may have just neglected to change the number.

BUT - There's no reason to rush out and update your ARIA. There were some things implemented for the Pipe Organs, but no changes for the other Libraries. AND, as it says at the Plogue site:

- ARIA PLAYER users should first look at updating their full ARIA PLAYER before running any ARIA ENGINE update.
    - An ARIA Player package also contains the ARIA Engine.
    - Since version 1.111, the ARIA Player version always match the version of the ARIA Engine packaged with it.
    - If the version of the Engine provided with the ARIA Player is older than the Engine offered below, users can update their Engine. Otherwise, running the update below is not recommended.

Just wait for a more official announcement of any ARIA updates you should get. For now, you're fine with 1.5.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    If the version of the Engine provided with the ARIA Player is older than the Engine offered below, users can update their Engine. Otherwise, running the update below is not recommended.

Just wait for a more official announcement of any ARIA updates you should get. For now, you're fine with 1.5.

Randy
    Randy:

The way I read that, it seems that you can update your engine even if the player is not updated, and you should only avoid having an engine with an older version than your player. What do you think?

Off topic: you and I had a discussion about using a Roland/Cakewalk MIDI keyboard for my home studio. I wound up finding a Kawai MP8 on Craig's List at a decent price, and got that instead. It's a pleasure having a studio keyboard with a decent action (yes, I know the MP10 feels more authentic with its let-off, but the MP8, at the price I paid, was a good choice). There are features I'll never use in my home studio, but I feel comfortable knowing that I could take it out for a gig if I ever needed to.
    Dean L. Surkin
    Steinway A104030
    Sonar X2 (professional), Finale 2011, JABB 3, GPO

Go Back to forum