• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Apologize

Share/Bookmark

Apologize

Hello all,

I violated the forum rules on commercial advertising today.

I agree 100% with Admin \"..It\'s not fair to others who are paying to advertise...\"

I apologize.

Thank you
    Hakan Olsson

Re: Apologize

yeah.. lucky me that my G-Town stuff is free [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I CAN ANNOUNCE IT WHENEVER I WANT FOR FREEEEE!!! hehehe

Just reminder to everyone when a post is made to solicit a sale in which the end result is profit now or in the future, It is at our and other developers expense its not fair and we will contact anyone who breaks these rules. Doing so is actually called Spam in Internet terms. At this point everyone has been great about this. Once in a while we get posts for Russian keyboards or software but usually you our loyal users and/or developers notify us of any violations thanks [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks to everyone here for making this places such a great community to be associated with.

Papa, you seem to be running some serious business here.. but why do you still run this old forum engine? When will you update to a fresh looking interface with some cool features?

/Tobias

Personally I prefer this forum engine to many of the \'upgraded\' ones out there. Remember that upgrades cost money and down time besides possibly adding new problems.

Why do you prefer this engine?? Theres absolutley nothing cool with it! Functional but thats it.. nothing extra, nothing fun.

Doesnt have to cost anything.. believe one of the best ones is fre:
    http://www.phpbb.com/license.php

/Tobias

Correct Hydan.

Tob if its not broken I don\'t think its a good idea to tamper with how the forum community is continually expanding every day.
    This is actually the latest version of this specific forum software. We are currently getting ready to upgrade to a new server. We are running out of space..... Again. We are constantly upgrading the forum engine it\'s just no one can tell I guess... that’s how smooth we like any changes to be. We also like stability we cannot afford to take chances on something that hasn\'t been tested for years. We have tested many different types of engines. So far this has been great for us. there is also many issues/risks involved in trying to port our forum over to another engine. What features are you speaking of its possible that this engine has them but we have chosen for our own reasons to leave them off.

The only thing I miss on this engine is avatars. I enjoy the creativity in the visuals (but I imagine it does take some extra storage on the server.)

Dasher

Originally posted by PaPa Chalk:
    Just reminder to everyone when a post is made to solicit a sale in which the end result is profit now or in the future, It is at our and other developers expense its not fair and we will contact anyone who breaks these rules. Doing so is actually called Spam in Internet terms. At this point everyone has been great about this. Once in a while we get posts for Russian keyboards or software but usually you our loyal users and/or developers notify us of any violations thanks [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks to everyone here for making this places such a great community to be associated with.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s weird. There seems to be a lot of spam here all the time with all the embedded sound library developers of this forum touting their latest wares. Is it only the developers you approve of? Please clarify this policy. thanks

Basically, if you want to announce a product you have for sale, you have to buy a banner ad or similar.

If you create an instrument or library and want to offer it for free, you\'re encouraged to.

I think you\'ll find that the \'embedded\' sound developers are all buying banner space.

Go Back to forum