• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bardstown Bosendorfer With NI Kompakt?

Share/Bookmark

Bardstown Bosendorfer With NI Kompakt?

Hi, I\'m going to invest in a sample player app soon for Mac. NI Kompakt looks like a resonably-priced app with good features for sample playback (although I wish the OS X version was available now [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ). I need some advice on what setup to get. So first of all, any thoughts about Kompakt?

Next, I will select a piano library. I\'ve listened to many very good ones (PMI Bos, Vintaudio C7), but the one I am leaning towards is the Bardstown 290 Bos. In truth though, I\'ll probably end up with several different ones in the end since they all have their own character. I would want to get the 24-bit version specific for Kontakt, and I think that Kompakt will import this fine, but I\'m not sure. Will all the layers, filters, etc. be there and configured or do I have to tweak a bunch of things? Kompakt says it\'s \"8-voice multitimbral\"...so what does that mean exactly? Does that mean I\'m limited to 8 sample layers? If the Bardstown (or any other library for that matter) is 4 layers pedal up, 4 layers pedal down, plus release samples, will Kompakt not be able to handle all layers? Or does that just mean I can\'t simultaneously layer 8 instruments at once (which would be fine since I\'ll never be doing that)?

Now about the computer. I have an 800 MHz Titanium PowerBook G4, 768 MB RAM, and an external 7200 rpm FireWire hard drive. Will this rig be able to handle the Kompakt/Bos combo? I also have a 400 MHz PowerMac G4 (AGP) sitting around doing nothing that I\'d love to use instead (could dedicate it), but that might be underpowered? Only 384 MB RAM at the moment but I could easily add more if you think it\'s necessary.

Sorry for the dumb questions but I am a sampler newbie just looking to have a reasonably-priced sampler for my Mac with a beatiful piano sound (I will also be getting an 88-key weighted controller). [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I hope this setup will work because I cannot yet afford to buy a shiny new G5 just for this purpose. Thanks for any suggestions you have.

Re: Bardstown Bosendorfer With NI Kompakt?

I very much appreciate your interest in the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Grand!

I have not personally tested the Bardstown Bosendorfer in Kompakt, but from the specifications of Kompakt listed on the Native Instruments web site, and also from conversations I have had with Native Instruments representatives, the Bardstown Bosendorfer performs perfectly in Kompakt.

Kompakt has all of the necessary features for playback of all Bardstown Audio instruments, including the Bosendorfer, Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos, and Classic Accordions. These necessary playback features are controller switching and release note off sample support.

The Bardstown Bosendorfer was programmed from scratch in Kontakt, in addition to being programmed from scratch in all of the other available sampler formats as well, including HALion, EXS24, and Giga.

In the 24 bit package of the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Grand, you get all three of the 24 bit sampler format versions in the package, including Kontakt, EXS24, and HALion.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:
    I very much appreciate your interest in the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Grand!

I have not personally tested the Bardstown Bosendorfer in Kompakt, but from the specifications of Kompakt listed on the Native Instruments web site, and also from conversations I have had with Native Instruments representatives, the Bardstown Bosendorfer performs perfectly in Kompakt.

Kompakt has all of the necessary features for playback of all Bardstown Audio instruments, including the Bosendorfer, Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos, and Classic Accordions. These necessary playback features are controller switching and release note off sample support.

The Bardstown Bosendorfer was programmed from scratch in Kontakt, in addition to being programmed from scratch in all of the other available sampler formats as well, including HALion, EXS24, and Giga.

In the 24 bit package of the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Grand, you get all three of the 24 bit sampler format versions in the package, including Kontakt, EXS24, and HALion.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Confirmed. I just got the Kompakt crossgrade, and the Bardstown libraries work very well with it. The pianos included in Kompakt\'s 4 CD\'s leave a lot to be desired, so the addition of an excellent piano such as the Bard\'s is a perfect addition.

I\'m a big fan of Bardstown samples, and the 24 bit versions work extremely well with the NI samplers. You can get some interesting variations with the filters, plus I think NI\'s reverb sounds very good.

Sporter,

>>I\'m a big fan of Bardstown samples<<

We got something real nice coming next in a user demo.

Stay tuned..

Alan Russell

Thank you everyone for the help, I hope to order that puppy up soon! You need to get it directly from Bardstown, correct? Would be nice to scoop it up at GuitarCenter or BananasAtLarge, but I don\'t think they carry it. Is there a version that comes on a single DVD?

Just got my copy of the Bardstown Bosendorfer in the mail today. Awesome sound.. I\'m loving it!

Hirez,

The only place to purchase the Bardstown Borsendorfer Piano is below:

Let us know how you make out..

http://bardstownaudio.com/frames/shipping.html

Alan Russell

Kompakt says it\'s \"8-voice multitimbral\"...so what does that mean exactly?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It means that you can have 8 separate instruments playing at the same time. So you can have your Bardstown Bosey 290 plus 7 other instruments going at once.

Wait, Komptakt supports only 8 voices? As in, 8-voice polyphony? That can\'t be..

Originally posted by HiRez:
    Thank you everyone for the help, I hope to order that puppy up soon! You need to get it directly from Bardstown, correct? Would be nice to scoop it up at GuitarCenter or BananasAtLarge, but I don\'t think they carry it. Is there a version that comes on a single DVD?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Bardstown Audio is the only distributor for our sampled instruments. It is a very simple process to order our products. You can call our toll free number that is posted on the order page of our web site. I am available seven days a week for orders, customer service, and tech support.

Customers overseas email me their telephone numbers and I call them at my telephone expense so that they are able to place secure credit card orders. I provide the same quality customer service and tech support for customers overseas as I do for customers in the US. Quite often I call customers overseas at my telephone expense in order to provide free tech support in all sampler formats with them sitting in front of their computers.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum