• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garbage comments - what's up!

Share/Bookmark

Garbage comments - what's up!

I hope someone is going to fix the problems starting up with these long garbage and nonsense comments that are creeping into our forum. Are we looking at the end of what was once a great forum that showed the presence of Gary Garritan and company?

It is sad to come here and see all this nonsense. I realize Northern Sounds is up for sale and no one is probably filtering out these threads. I just wonder why we haven't heard from Gary or had more presence from MakeMusic other than an occassional makemusic comment about problems in the ARIA engine. Are we in transistion to moving the forum into a sub-forum of MakeMusic? Some open discussion from MakeMusic and/or Gary Garritan would be nice so we can see where everything is heading.

I applaud Randy Bowser for his hard work and motivating everyone on the forum and commenting on almost all posts (probably all posts but I haven't read all posts in all topics recently).

Sorry, I am just making comments on what I see happening on this forum. And what I see makes me dissappointed.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Garbage comments - what's up!

naf naf naf fan naf nif!
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I hope someone is going to fix the problems starting up with these long garbage and nonsense comments that are creeping into our forum. Are we looking at the end of what was once a great forum that showed the presence of Gary Garritan and company?

It is sad to come here and see all this nonsense. I realize Northern Sounds is up for sale and no one is probably filtering out these threads. I just wonder why we haven't heard from Gary or had more presence from MakeMusic other than an occassional makemusic comment about problems in the ARIA engine. Are we in transistion to moving the forum into a sub-forum of MakeMusic? Some open discussion from MakeMusic and/or Gary Garritan would be nice so we can see where everything is heading.

I applaud Randy Bowser for his hard work and motivating everyone on the forum and commenting on almost all posts (probably all posts but I haven't read all posts in all topics recently).

Sorry, I am just making comments on what I see happening on this forum. And what I see makes me dissappointed.
    Fully agreed. Or should I write +1?

One thing I didi discover today is that by clicking the miscreants name, then "view profile", one can add the person to an ignore list, over in the menu on the left. It doesn't cure the problem, but the amount of garbage is significantly reduced.

Any help?

Kind regards,
    John.

It's a drag for sure, Rich. First thing this morning, I had 5 email notifications for new replies on threads - and they were all this same chunk of nonsense text from nemowave with links to where one can apparently buy Dallas Cowboys Jerseys.

As briefly entertaining as the current "How to be proud of myself?" thread may be, it really amounts to the same thing - junk trashing out the Forum. That's why my first reply on that thread was "Don't post BS on our Forum."

One thing we can do is report all of nemowave's posts, and any like it. When you have a thread open, in the light gray bar directly under a post's text, on the left hand side you'll see two icons. Click the triangular one, and in the text box that opens up, briefly request for PaPaChalk, the Forum's Administrator, to please remove both the user and his posts.

Thanks the kind words about my efforts here, Rich. I enjoy making Forum visits part of my daily routine. I want to always be encouraging for people to keep using the Forum, posting questions, information and music. The large collection of Garritan Libraries provides inspiration for conversations that could go on forever. We don't need new Libraries to motivate us to get more involved, there's already plenty to talk about.

As has been noted by MakeMusic reps several times recently, it's still a time of transition for Garritan, for MakeMusic, and for us. Things aren't totally coordinated yet, and there are reasons to be frustrated, but this Forum has always been primarily driven by us, the users. All we have to do is make the easy commitment to continue supporting each other through these Forums. To set aside even just a few minutes a day to stay involved here is something everyone is able to do, so it is good to see that some people are continuing on the tradition of this Garritan Community.

Report these junk posts, then ignore them. Keep on posting and helping each other out.

And, a note for people posting music in The Listening Room - please notice that if you have time to post music, you also have time to respond to other people's music. When someone posts MP3s regularly but doesn't often respond to other threads, you'll notice people start losing their motivation to respond to what you put up. --

Onwards!

Randy

Go Back to forum