• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gigastudio bugs?

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio bugs?

Hi. I\'ve made the mistake of trying to use Gigastudio to do real work. Here are some of the problems I\'m seeing.

1) Memory sticks at 97% full, with NOTHING LOADED. Have to reboot.

2) \"Visual C++ error\" when trying to edit a gig.

3) \"Could not locate pbl chunk\" error when trying to save a gig from the Editor.

4) \"instrument failed verification\" when trying to reload the instrument from the editor. What the hell is THAT?

5) Editing an instrument on Channel 10, Port 1. EVERY TIME I go to reload it, it is reset to channel 1, and I have to change it back to 10.

6) Can\'t find a way to audition WAV\'s in the Editor. This IS an audio program, right?

Like you all, I spent a F***LOAD of money on this software. It is UNUSABLE to me. I\'m wasting valuable time (thus money) spinning my wheels trying to get this software to work.

Re: Gigastudio bugs?

After reading all the Gigastudio problems, I\'m thinking it\'s best to buy now, to get the discount, install later, if and when the bugs ever get worked out. It has taken me months just to get Gigasampler working, even though I can\'t do heavy micro midi editing in Cubase VST 24, and wind up using a Kurzweil module until I\'m ready to record Gigapiano to avoid crashes. Time is money, and like you I need to be making music, and not doing free beta testing. If something sounds to good to be true.....well, anyway, I want to thank the well intentioned, eager pioneers of software samplers for posting their experiences and giving us timid observers the chance to ponder our options!

You\'ll do well to stay away for a while.

Someday, software companies will be held responsible (in the form of class-action lawsuits)for releasing buggy, non-functional software. But for now, all you need is an interface and wishfull thinking to put out an app and charge $700 for it.

hey mr. rbtweaker...

just for my own information, what happens when you do heavy micro editing in VST?

Mine either crashes with Ill. Oper., or
    the screen freezes.

I have been using the software for about a month and have yet to have a crash or any errors. Try removing the software, update all of your drivers, run scandisk, defrag your hard drive and then reinstall the software.

ghost b.-When I\'m in the event editor, fixing velocity, note start times, and durations, I\'ll get the ``illegal operation\" message, be given the choice of closing the session or saving-either way, nothing works, and playing Gigiasampler live, sounds fragmented and echo like. Trying to restart or shut dowdn from the ``start menu\" does not end the session and my only option is to so a hard reset, as in physically power down, wait a minute and fire it up again, with all the lovely blue screen disk scanning routines to follow.

By the way, I have a P3 450, IDE system drive, SCSI 10000 rpm audio drive, a Egosys 2496 card for Giga, feeding the digital input of a Yamaha DSP Factory. I have to use the Steinberg Multimedia ASIO driver to record Giga without getting clicks and pops, even though the audio file comes out a few ms. before the downbeat of the measure. This is easily seen in the audio editor, where it can be moved to match up with the always accurate LM-4 VST Drum plug in. I switch back to the ``16+32\" ASIO driver for vocals and other live tracks and get accurate timing relative to the downbeat.

Haydn,

Don\'t you have any bugs? Especially the instrument channel = 1 in the editor and the crash when opening the editor when there is already an instrument being edited are very uncomfortable to me. You haven\'t got these? Maybe it has something to do with the system configuration then.

I have noticed the Channel =1 bug. It appears that the program is only able to have one edit window open at a time. I only edit one instrument at a time and this may be why have not received the Runtime Error. This could be a limitation of the software at this time.

I would hardly call a program crash a limitation, it\'s a bug (and since the program crashes this is a rather serious one). I hope it will be fixed in a feature update. I emailed this to Nemesys, so they are aware of it.

I received the error message but the program did not crash. My other edit window and the main program window were working fine and continued to work fine for hours after the message.

Go Back to forum