• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: A truly fascinating approach for a composer... I would never think to do this.

Share/Bookmark

A truly fascinating approach for a composer... I would never think to do this.

Read this thread when you have a sec. I\'ve never heard of anything like it for composing.....

It wont be clear at first but I don\'t want to give it away. Not the word-clock issue, keep reading...

CLICK THIS TO READ WHAT I\'M TALKING ABOUT.... OK!

BTW.... Only read \"Martin Schiff\'s\" posts to speed it along...

Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Re: A truly fascinating approach for a composer... I would never think to do this.

Far Out! 30 Genelecs - now that\'s luxurious!

Re: A truly fascinating approach for a composer... I would never think to do this.

I\'d say that it\'s time for the sales people from Tascam and the various library developers to contact that Martin Schiff guy immediately :-)

That\'s the most ridiculous thing I\'ve ever read. LOL. I suppose he enjoys that, but why spend all that money on equipment to listen to a fake orchestra when you\'re not going to even use it for recording anyway? If the final product is going to be a live orchestra, all you need is a piano, pencil, and staff paper. (Or Sibelius, Finale, etc.)

Isn\'t Martin Schiff the regular poster here called \'mschiff\'?

He might be - maybe he owns us an explanation for his madness

\"A truly fascinating approach for a composer... I would never think to do this.\"

Nor should anyone in there right mind! 30 Gens to reproduce the \"realisim\" of \"3 - Kurzweil K2000R synths, 4 - Korg M1R synths, 1 Korg O3/RW and 2 Proteus\"... an EMU proteus?...WTF!?!

I think he should sell 25 of his genelecs, and buy a new sample playback rig, and keep the 5 monitors for a surround system!

LOL!
    Yeah the guy is pretty crazy, but I\'d sure love to hear what it sounds like. Too bad he\'s using such out-dated sounds.
    Imagine going to a concert and instead of a person in each chair, you see a speaker. If the samples are totally dry and the acoustics are good, it should sound pretty darn good!

Originally posted by tonylombardi:
    LOL!
    Yeah the guy is pretty crazy, but I\'d sure love to hear what it sounds like. Too bad he\'s using such out-dated sounds.
    Imagine going to a concert and instead of a person in each chair, you see a speaker. If the samples are totally dry and the acoustics are good, it should sound pretty darn good!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">But the speakers are directional. We\'d want 360 degree speakers that can model the directivity of the instrument.

And those 3-d speakers would cost as much as some good instruments. Let\'s build mechanical devices to actually bow, pluck and blow them.

But the mechanical devices play, er, mechanically.

I know! Let\'s get humans to play instruments!!!

;-)

If the guy Martin works for doesn\'t actually write notation, but can play well enough to put the orchestration into a sequencer, then I can understand wanting to hear a \'live\' sound just to check his arrangement.

Mind you, it does seem like he\'s developed a massive output stage but still needs a better sound engine.

I\'m sure Martin will be organising him into a handful of networked Giga PCs any day now.

Go Back to forum