• Register
  • Help

Topic: SI Strings Mini examples?

SI Strings Mini examples?

Has anyone done any pieces with significant amounts of SI Strings Mini that I might listen to?

Re: SI Strings Mini examples?

What is VSL Mini? I didn\'t see anything about it on their website.

Anthony Lombardi

Sorry, brain cramp. I meant Sonic Implants Strings.

I would like to hear any examples of the SI mini library that may be available as well.

The Sonic Implants forum is a great place to look for this kind of info you know... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Pete,

I noticed that no one gave you a sample of SI so here is mine. (if it\'s not to late)

Listen to Hodge-podge O\'misery and light.
    It uses SI strings, staccato and legato.
    Winds are from AO. Choir is from VOTA.
    I am new to the sampling world so please excuse this piece not being absolutly perfect. I wrote it as an exercise.

Hope this helps you a little.
    88fingers [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks so much \'88.\' Those were from the Mini set, yes? Did you add reverb, or was that just the ambience that\'s there?

Hi Peter,
    This was not taken from the mini,whoever, all I used was their \"Ensemble string section\" file. No fancy individaul section samples. I think that after expieriencing the quality of SI, I would not hesitate purchasing the mini edition.Looks like they have a wide selection of styles that come with it.
    The things that I did do with my piece was panned each section as they are in relation to a real orchestra. Like violins far left celli far right.
    In order to set all the sections of my orchestra to the front or back, as they are seated in real life, my up front instruments have very little reverb and my very back instruments have full reverb.
    So every thing up front like violins and celli have \"Small hall\" reverb selected in giga DSP. All the middle instruments have \"Medium hall\" DSP and the back instruments like timpani and percusion have \"Large hall\" DSP.
    I know that I have not perfected this method but it is a start, rather than having full reverb on every thing.
    Sorry this sample wasn\'t from the mini collection but as I was reading the posts I thought the mini samples didn\'t exist. (Stupid me! I miss read it). Now I know they do as I have checked their web site. I will be in search for a \"SI mini\" sample and if I find it I will let you know.

Thanks for tollerating my dumbness. LOL
    88fingers. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Please post some of your works, I would love to hear them.

Go Back to forum