Topic: Even larger pop idol

Even larger pop idol

Dear everybody,

The world is cruel...

Isabella Rowlins

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

Re: Even larger pop idol

Haha...I saw this before, and it is just as weirdly funny the second time.

I occasionally have to judge auditions which are \"open calls\" similar to this. Anyone who wants to audition gets a number. All I can say is, this guy isn\'t the worst singer in the world. And that after watching Randy, I realize the \"hiding behind the legal pad\" trick does not work.

A couple of years ago, I was on the panel for the Guitar Center drum-off semis. Oh man...

Myrtle Beach, SC (USA)

LOL ... That’s Absolutely Unbelievable [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I can\'t open this link! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Yes, I saw it on TV and it was a riot. I feel sorry for his mother [grin].

-- Martin

Thinking back at it...

I think the most weird part is that I understand both parties equally. There is not a doubt in my mind that this individual is not a singer by trade, nor will he be.

But there is no reason for the judges to put the man down. Its obvious that he will not qualify. But telling him he is the worst singer in the world is completely out of order and incompetent choice of words and wisdom.

Yes its funny. But it can be a huge failure in life for the individual exposed. On the other hand. It was his own choice.

What is wrong with people?

Its a cruel world. Especially for the ungifted.

Im getting sentimental now...

Isabella Rowlins

Is it possible that this is for \'real\'??? It smacks of a \'set-up\' (for shock comedy sake). Unbelievable if it is real!!!

I believe that people who can enjoy a putdown like that would have been, in an earlier time, the ones who enjoyed torturing small animals.

I think the guy was mainly guilty of choosing a song that was very wrong for him. I don\'t care for the genre, but his voice seems to fit okay in that category- its just that he\'s the wrong size, shape, color, gender,etc. to pull it off in this instance.

Mr. Elliot,

I am afraid it is for real. All too true. I am so divided about this video. Its tragic, comic, terrible and shows peoples desperation to become celebs overnight. It also shows the full arrogance of people who have made it.

I will draw 3 conclusions based on this.

1. Reality shows spoil people.
    2. People spoil themselves by making reality shows real.
    3. We - the ones that watch them - are just as guilty.

But I believe posting on this forum is more then enough reality show for me.

Isabella Rowlins

mmm...I have to insist on the topic of thinking this isn´t real. Not that I have anuy info, and not trying to offend, but just look at the cameras and the editing. It really looks like something prepared...

Go Back to forum